Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 1:34:44 PM EDT
Gents,

So, I have the Duty/Carry kit with the Apex trigger in my M&P-45 that I've been using not only as a duty-gun, EDC and match gun and I love it.  However, I'm building an M&P-9LS as the same kinda all around duty/match gun.  Been thinking about dropping the forward set sear into it but wondering about it with no external safety.  I've been carrying M&P's for years, with Glocks before that with no reservations regarding the lack of an external safety, however I wouldn't be carrying a 1911 cocked without the safety on.  See where I'm going with with?

My questions is.... Does it just improve the sear release, or give you a true single action type release?  If it were the ladder, I think I'd just drop the same kit into it and be just fine.... Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
YMMV and all that, but...

My FSS still leaves me with a fairly constant 5.5lb pull.  It is smoother, but it is nothing like a single-action pull.  You are still firing a striker.  The FSS is nice, but I have had no reservations using it without a safety.  By comparison, the FSS makes the M&P trigger what it should have been anyway, and much closer to the nice smooth and crisp pull of a well broken-in Glock trigger (if you have ever actually felt one that was nicely broken in).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top