Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 9:06:10 AM EDT
I want to get some grips to replace the factory ones on my 642. I want some that will cover the backstrap and give me a little more surface to grip. I have a Taurus 85 and those grips are the perfect size for me. I've seen some Pachmayr grips that look like they might fit the bill.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Hogue Monogrip for my 640. It covers the backstrap and fills my hand pretty well. They make this in both rubber or nylon. The rubber is nice and grippy, the nylon is nice because it won't  hang up on your clothes if you're carring in your pocket. Pachmayr is also a good choice for J frame guns.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The best option is the Craig Spegel "centennial" boot grip.  Goes all the way to the top of the frame to spread out recoil.   Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been trying a set of the new Ergo Delta grips on my 442 for a few weeks now.  I've only gotten to the range once, but they make the little J much more shootable and controllable.  They do look goofy as hell, though!  Reminiscent of Blade Runner...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best option is the Craig Spegel "centennial" boot grip.  Goes all the way to the top of the frame to spread out recoil.   Worth every penny.
View Quote

Bought these about 5 months ago. Nice but I'm unimpressed with the fit given the wait and cost. What was his "custom fit" option? That wasn't explained in his brochure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got a set of Hogue Tamers.

Covers the Centennial backstrap all the way up to the top of the horn.

Feels good, we'll see how they shoot.
Top Top