Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 8:17:01 PM EDT
Long story short, my mom wants to get rid of her carry .38. It's a model 10-8, lot of mods done to it. Barrel shortened to about 2", trigger is better than the first time you had sex. Also had the hammer trimmed so there is no hammer to physically pull. Grips have been replaced to some nice custom wood grips. Whole frame was recoated, not sure if it's cerakote, duracoat, or shitacoat.

What is the value on this gun? I know model 10's sell cheap, I think all the chops to the gun have devalued it, but I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends who did the work and how nice it is.

A lot of people shy away from revolvers with slicked up DA pulls because of ignition issues.

On the other hand, a good customer can pick out a quality modified gun against a hack job.

But that doesn't increase the value usually.  It just makes it marketable rather than something that would otherwise be a liability.

I'd say $200-$300 depending on the buyer.

It sounds like you like it.  How about you buy it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends who did the work and how nice it is.

A lot of people shy away from revolvers with slicked up DA pulls because of ignition issues.

On the other hand, a good customer can pick out a quality modified gun against a hack job.

But that doesn't increase the value usually.  It just makes it marketable rather than something that would otherwise be a liability.

It sounds like you like it.  How about you buy it?
View Quote

I will say that 500 rounds through it post mods, there have been no issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have any pics of it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd say this nails it...................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top