Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 9:26:15 PM EDT
I am soon trading a Beretta 92FS Stainless with two 10-rd. and five 15-rd. mags.in on another gun. I would like to know the current value of the gun and mags so I get a fair trade in value. This pistol has bee fired LESS than 300 rounds and the finish is pefect. It only let the house to bee fired twice. The mags are all factory in good condition. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
When I bought my stainless 92 I paid $499 for it brand new. I doubt that youll get $350 out of the gun if that much if you trade it in, the dealer has to make a profit when he sells it. The mags are another matter though, you should be able to get at the very minimum $35 each for them. Youd be better off posting it for sale here on the equipment exchange board and to sell it to someone who wants it for themselves, youll make more money that way.

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am soon trading a Beretta 92FS Stainless with two 10-rd. and five 15-rd. mags.in on another gun. I would like to know the current value of the gun and mags so I get a fair trade in value. This pistol has bee fired LESS than 300 rounds and the finish is pefect. It only let the house to bee fired twice. The mags are all factory in good condition. Thanks.

You'd be lucky to get more than $300 for the gun on a trade-in. The mags that are hi-cap & factory brand, may I strongly suggest you NOT sell those!!!!  Keep them & trade them even up for whatever hi-caps you may need down the road. My .o2
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I found someone to buy the pistol for $450. without the hi-caps. When he has more money he will buy those also. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL, you gotta love the experts here jmkrick.  Sometimes as gun enthusiasts, we forget that the "normal" public may not be as "informed" as us, and, there for, may buy or pay more for something we do not put as much value on, because of our superior knowledge.  They were closer to what a "dealer" would have paid for your pistol.  The dealer can't pay retail for it, and expect to make a profit.  But I'll bet most retailers would have given you more than 350 for it.

I think most of us let our own bias's interfere with what value we put on firearms.  A have found that the normal public looks to things like Gun Trader's Guide, and variants of that sort for their information on what something is worth.  Just because we have researched to death a certain gun, and found it to be a piece of shit, does not mean someone else will think it a gem.  Also, go look at local stores to find out what the public is willing to pay, or expected to pay for any given gun.  

The experts here, told me I might get 300 for my stainless ranch mini14.  I ended up with 480 for it.  I learned my lesson with that incident, as you probably have with this one.  Congrads on the pistol sale!  Now, about those hi cap mags, they aren't worth much, so how about you send them my way for a song and a dance.  
guns762
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
guns762, maybe you should take the time to reread my post. I said that he would be lucky to get $350 out of his pistol if he traded it in to a dealer on another weopon AND that he would get more out of it if he sold it to someone who wanted it for themself. I could be wrong, but im not, that is exactly what he did!
Im not a gun expert my any means but it seems to me that he did exactly what I said I would do and he came out ahead because of it.

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
BKVic, didn't mean to insult you.  Just pointing out that we as a community tend to do just what I said.  If you noticed in my original thread, I also stated that what you said was right when trading the gun in to a dealer.  Again, sorry if I insulted you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top