Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 7:14:13 AM EDT
I don't know what the market is like in your area, but here in upstate SC I have had more people tell me they don't like the Beretta 92's because they have issues and are cheap  . I just picked up a like new in box 92A1 so I'm trying to sell/trade my M9A1... a guy had a CZ P-09 suppressor ready that I wanted, he was asking $550 or trade. I told him I would trade...his response was that my gun was worth about $300 and I would have to add $250 in cash.. but he really wasn't interested in any Beretta's.
seems like a few  pop up FS locally just about every week...there were a few 92 FS guns that sold locally for $400... one even sold for $300  I know prices are down right now but with the lack of M9A1's around I should be able to get $550 locally or at least that in trade value...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
92's pricing is thru the floor in Tejas as well..

obviously used sub $350  ..newish used maybe $450 with box and papers..
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see anything under $500. At least not in good condition.  I would love to find a good condition FS for $350.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see anything under $500. At least not in good condition.  I would love to find a good condition FS for $350.
View Quote

Hit Dallas market hall.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't trade a m9a1 for a p09

In great shape I bet you could sell for $500 in the EE.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't care for Beretta 92s either.  They used to be prone to slide failure, they are heavy, wide, and I don't like double action triggers.    Here in GA, they don't resell well either, but they still cost a good bit for a new one, but rarely sell.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't care for Beretta 92s either.  They used to be prone to slide failure, they are heavy, wide, and I don't like double action triggers.    Here in GA, they don't resell well either, but they still cost a good bit for a new one, but rarely sell.
View Quote
No. slide failures in a maintained Beretta 92 are extremely rare. As for your size complaint they are no wider than a Sig P226 and not much bigger either. Size wise it is about the same as a Glock 17. The trigger is smooth in DA and the SA is very good out of the box.

People may ask for new prices on our local gun board but they rarely sell for that price. Because they don't sell well in this area I have been able to get some crazy good deals. I basically stole my Vertec from a guy locally. Meanwhile examples like mine are going for $800-$900 on GB. I just picked up a second M9A1 off there for the cost of a new Trijicon MRO.

I love the fact people like yourself are ignorant about the Beretta 92s. That means I get to buy more of them for less. Most of the guys on that board are all "herr derr, if it's not a Glock, or Sig, herr derr, I don't want it. Derp", the result is you have used Glock 43s with no extras going for $500 and used Sigs going for more than you can buy them new.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
it is listed in the EE I'm just a bit above that and  because I don't use PP a few interested parties backed out. I'll probably just oil it up put it in the box and it can sit with my two brigadiers and M9 in the safe for now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a 92SB which I perhaps foolishly sold for the reason I have a deep aversion to pistols with the safety on the slide.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy them while they are cheap.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
it is listed in the EE I'm just a bit above that and  because I don't use PP a few interested parties backed out. I'll probably just oil it up put it in the box and it can sit with my two brigadiers and M9 in the safe for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had the funds I'd buy it. Just keep it oiled in the safe and keep the add up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wrong . Read the thread from the owner of Battlefield Las Vegas . The Beretta's are doing fine . It's the Glocks that are suffering slide failures.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go troll somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wrong . Read the thread from the owner of Battlefield Las Vegas . The Beretta's are doing fine . It's the Glocks that are suffering slide failures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having issues with broken frame rails on the Glocks too.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/160140_High-round-count-pistols--100-000---observations.html
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Used Beretta 92/M9 in good condition are about $350 to $450. 92A1/M9A1 are $400 to $500. Trade value for an M9A1 in halfway decent condition is $450, at least. Unless it was beat to shit I'd have told that dude to eat a bag of dicks if he tried to say it was worth only $300. Hell, the only time you see 92's for sale at $300 is if they're well-worn police trade-in pistols where the guns are battered and the finish is halfway gone.

That said, the 92 is a $700 gun sold by the factory for $600, while the public sees it as a $500 gun. They don't hold value unless you get a Brigadier or specialty model. Which is odd, considering the 92 is equal to the P226, yet costs a could hundred dollars less.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#15]
That's not the case in my area.  A large local range (famous for a certain machine gun shoot) close to me sells them used for about 550.  They have a used pt92 for 599, i don't understand why the taurus is priced higher...
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Used Beretta 92/M9 in good condition are about $350 to $450. 92A1/M9A1 are $400 to $500. Trade value for an M9A1 in halfway decent condition is $450, at least. Unless it was beat to shit I'd have told that dude to eat a bag of dicks if he tried to say it was worth only $300. Hell, the only time you see 92's for sale at $300 is if they're well-worn police trade-in pistols where the guns are battered and the finish is halfway gone.

That said, the 92 is a $700 gun sold by the factory for $600, while the public sees it as a $500 gun. They don't hold value unless you get a Brigadier or specialty model. Which is odd, considering the 92 is equal to the P226, yet costs a could hundred dollars less.
View Quote
That's a pretty good assessment. Except lately even beat police trade in guns don't normally drop below$350. The 92s will but that's the euro mag release one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know what the market is like in your area, but here in upstate SC I have had more people tell me they don't like the Beretta 92's because they have issues and are cheap  . I just picked up a like new in box 92A1 so I'm trying to sell/trade my M9A1... a guy had a CZ P-09 suppressor ready that I wanted, he was asking $550 or trade. I told him I would trade...his response was that my gun was worth about $300 and I would have to add $250 in cash.. but he really wasn't interested in any Beretta's.
seems like a few  pop up FS locally just about every week...there were a few 92 FS guns that sold locally for $400... one even sold for $300  I know prices are down right now but with the lack of M9A1's around I should be able to get $550 locally or at least that in trade value...
View Quote

Mostly, people who haven't shot one before and want to keep up with whatever is tacticool at the moment.

Usually that or they shot an M9 once or twice in the military and had worn out recoil springs and poorly designed aftermarket magazines.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before "Battlefield Vegas is not real world conditions".:)
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Help a brother out, where? I can make them sell better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mostly, people who haven't shot one before and want to keep up with whatever is tacticool at the moment.

Usually that or they shot an M9 once or twice in the military and had worn out recoil springs and poorly designed aftermarket magazines.
View Quote
This right here. Usually the end user maintenance in the military sucks, and the guns are way past their recommended life cycle. Also, the grip is pretty clunky for some people. I've had troops have to cock the hammer and fire single action only because the DA on it can be anywhere from 8 - 15 lbs. So they get a bad rap from that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top