Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 3:11:57 PM EDT
About a month ago a snagged a real nice 1959 production jaguar from the local pawn shop. Sadly it came with only one mag, and an aftermarket at that. Happily it ran great with it but the search was on for more mags. I did buy two triple k's which are reported to run well in these guns and they did ( all three aftermarket mags will not lock back on empty which I do not consider a big deal for a .22) when I asked here and elsewhere on sources for original factory mags the best advice I got was "good luck" and expect to pay 100 dollars each. While I managed to find an obscure spare gun part company that responded they had some, and the price was scarcely more than the triple k so bought one. A shipping error resulted in them sending two. Interestingly one has vertical slots in the back spine of the mag and one does not. They both hold open on empty like they should.
Does anyone here know the difference between the closed back and slotted back magazine?
Also such a nice solid accurate and reliable shooter! Gun will eat anything I put in it both standard and high velocity, with the exception it does not care for the federal 40 round box hollow points ( several of my other 22's choke on them as well however)
Ten yard groups you can cover with a quarter with room to spare. May use this next time I shoot steel challenge
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell me where you got them? I need a few.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Outback gun parts he said he only had one left though
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outback gun parts he said he only had one left though
View Quote
Bummer I guess I'll buy a few triple ks soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top