Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2017 3:39:40 PM EDT
In the past three months I have acquired my first two Beretta 92's, a new 92FS and a surplus 92S from AIM.  During that time I have tried to take what I like from each and add it to the other.  I liked the single sided lower profile safety of the 92S, so I added the low profile Wilson to the 92FS.  The polymer trigger of the 92FS didn't bother me at first, but after shooting the 92S with its steel trigger I just had to upgrade the 92FS to steel.  I'm still on the fence for a Wolf stainless steel guide rod in the 92FS though.

My next upgrade was a set of Wilson ultra thin grips for the 92FS.  The texture of these grips was so nice I just knew I had to find something similar for my 92S.  I already knew that LOK grips made 92S grips, but they didn't have the style I was interested in on the web store.  While I was browsing their Facebook page I stumbled upon a few custom grips that fit the bill.  After contacting Jayson at LOK, he offered to build a set of 92S grips with a "tactical slant" texture and their new circular relief for the magazine release.

The LOK grips showed up about 10 days later - not too bad for a custom order IMO.  The quality of the grips is fantastic - fit, finish, everything.  LOK does mention that there might need to be some fitting around the mag release, but my example installed perfectly with no fitting.  While the grips are not as thin as the Wilson ultra thins, which I knew ahead of time, they feel great and give nearly equivalent traction.  The Wilson's do hold a slight edge since their texture extends further up the grip - not a big deal for me though.

The only negative with the grips is that the base G10 material they use for their OD/Black has changed to more and thinner layers of color.  I would have preferred the thicker layers that give a more pronounced stripe effect if I had a choice.  Jayson was gracious enough to offer an exchange to any other color I would want, so I am still thinking about that.  In any case, the LOK grips are a great addition to my 92S, and LOK is the only company I know of that is making these.  In addition, their new circle relief cutout definitely classes up the pistol compared to the standard heel cutout on typical 92S grips.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a great looking 92s.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks nice!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a really clean looking gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a really clean looking gun.
View Quote
This was one of the recent AIM surplus imports.  They were $299 and I splurged for the extra $10 hand select.  If it wouldn't have had some minor surface wear on the frame and grips I would have thought it was new or refinished as the internals looked brand new.  I also haven't had to upgrade any plastic parts to steel, and I really like the safety as it's lower profile than the current and easier to manipulate than the Wilson.  I also shoot it better, or it's more accurate, than my 92FS.  Best $310 I have spent in a long time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
These are the only ones I've seen without prominent import markings. Wish I'd seen these before they were gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top