Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2017 9:00:48 PM EDT
I posted a thread here a while back asking if anyone out there made a set of G10 grips that resembled the factory 92fs grips. Charlie_Foxtrot recommended Jayson @ Lok Grips. I gave him a call and told him what I was looking for. He drew up some plans and wrote a program for his machine and made them for me.

I love the looks of the factory grips but find them to be a little lacking in the traction department. These G10 grips That Jayson made have the look I want AND they make my hands feel like they're glued to the gun.

Attachment Attached File

I installed them today along with a Wilson Combat short reach trigger, Wilson Combat extended magazine release, Beretta factory steel guide rod, And a Beretta factory D spring.

Attachment Attached File

Here's an AIWB holster I bought off of eBay for it. I installed the Haley clip on it. It's a pretty sweet holster. I learned fast that the 92fs is a big gun to be carrying around shoved down the front of your pants.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here's an Bianchi #5 0217 OWB holster that I got for it. It's made to fit a  92fs and a P226. A very well made holster. I also got a Safariland 6280 for it.
Attachment Attached File

If you're looking for a new set of grips I recommend looking at Lok Grips. The attention to detail and the feel of their grips are some of the best I've seen and used.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for posting this, this is really cool! I might have to get a set of those myself!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Those look almost factory. If the logo was smaller they would pass for factory grips.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Those look great
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Those look great!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice grips!  I was just looking into LOK grips.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again OP! Have two sets on order w/ Jayson. One for my 92S (which he said he could contour for the heel mag release) as well as my 92FS.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice grips!  I was just looking into LOK grips.
View Quote
Don't hesitate get them. They are worth the price of admission. I am about to order a set for my Vertec. Jayson told me today that he makes grips for the Vertec and M8A3, he just hasn't had a chance to update the website yet. Once I get the set for my Vertec I will post them up. I am going to use the same profile I did on my M9 grips. I am really excited to test them out.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks again OP! Have two sets on order w/ Jayson. One for my 92S (which he said he could contour for the heel mag release) as well as my 92FS.
View Quote
You should post pics when you get them. I a hoping to get my Vertec grips sometime this week.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You should post pics when you get them. I a hoping to get my Vertec grips sometime this week.
View Quote
Will do.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Are those thinner than the factory grips?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are those thinner than the factory grips?
View Quote
No, I would say they are on par with factory grips in terms of thickness but they feel 100 times better. For me, I really like the golf ball texture. G10 material already is kind of grippy, having the addition of checkering or golf ball texturing increases that feeling. Wilson Combat sells a "thin" G10 grip that is made to their spec by VZ that is very nice feeling. It is thin in the middle of the grip and combined with Berettas short reach trigger makes the 92 feel really good in my hand. Oddly enough they do not make this style grip for the Vertec type frame. I will post a photo below showing the profile of those thin grips. I haven't spoken to Jayson at Lok grips about making something similar but I am confident that he could knock something thinner out if that is what you are looking for. Either way you go WC/VZ grips or Lok Grips, you will be getting exceptional grips. I like the Lok grips because of the price point and the ability to get a set custom made to my specs.

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
The ones I got from Jayson don't feel thinner but I can't say for sure.

The only thing my mind pays attention to when I hold the gun is how grippy they are.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Grips showed up today from Jayson... I really like them! Thanks again OP!

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Those look great they make that 92S look sharp. I wish I had bought one now . My grips are out for delivery so I will have mine sometime this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
My grips arrived. They look and feel great. If you have a Beretta Vertec or an M9A3 these are great options.

With my new KT Mech holster for the Vertec

Because someone will ask the grip profile. They are on par with the factory grips in terms of thickness. These grips paired with the short reach trigger and the Vertec frame are magic. They feel great. I can wait to get out on the range and try them out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Grips showed up today from Jayson... I really like them! Thanks again OP!

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33932/IMG-0199-207489.jpg
View Quote
That S does look sharp. It's wild how something can look so good and perform awesom at the same time. You almost feel like you could dunk your hands in oil and still get a rock solid grip.

The Vertec that Charlie_Foxtrot posted has peaked my interest. I've never held one. I've heard of them but I don't even think I've seen one at any of the gunshops local to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That S does look sharp. It's wild how something can look so good and perform awesom at the same time. You almost feel like you could dunk your hands in oil and still get a rock solid grip.

The Vertec that Charlie_Foxtrot posted has peaked my interest. I've never held one. I've heard of them but I don't even think I've seen one at any of the gunshops local to me.
View Quote
They don't make them any more. Closest thing is the M9A3. AGW up in PA can do a Vertec conversion to a standard 92 frame. The only down side is you don't get the updated slide. I have toyed with the idea of sending my 92A1 up to get a G conversion, reverse crown on the muzzle and having the Vertec conversion, front and back strap checkering along with his deep magwell done. I'm just trying to justify the cost.

http://alleghenyarms.com/custom-berettas/
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They are grippy as hell, gotta say! Many thanks to you, Silas (as I would have never known these existed w/o this thread). Oh, and odd, just noticed we joined the site the same month back in 2003... weird.

Quoted:
My grips arrived. They look and feel great. If you have a Beretta Vertec or an M9A3 these are great options.
That Vertec is awesome, and looks fantastic!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are grippy as hell, gotta say! Many thanks to you, Silas (as I would have never known these existed w/o this thread). Oh, and odd, just noticed we joined the site the same month back in 2003... weird!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are grippy as hell, gotta say! Many thanks to you, Silas (as I would have never known these existed w/o this thread). Oh, and odd, just noticed we joined the site the same month back in 2003... weird!
Dang! That's wild about the join date. I hadn't noticed that. I got you by three days.    

Let's give the credit to Charlie_Foxtrot. I asked where to go for something like this and he pointed to Jayson. And I guess we should also give some credit to Jayson for making them.

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Lok Grips on my M9A1.

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Those grips with the trident look awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top