Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2017 3:38:04 PM EDT
Wondering how you liked it?  Hadn't been shopping lately, but saw a couple online today.  $795. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
So I hit up a gun show today and found one!  It was nice to be able to check it out in person.  

The DA and SA triggers were both smooth, no gritty feeling noticed.  The low-profile decock levers were really nice; now I want to swap out the set on my wife's PX4sc for those.  The large orange sight up front was very easy to pick up, and the night sight would be really handy for, well, night.  

The gun felt pretty slick in the hand.  I'd probably want some tape or a grip of sorts on it.  Price was $770 or so, IIRC, and today was the last day to qualify for a $75 rebate from Beretta.  Came with 3 mags.  

I wish I could post a picture of it from the living room, I but chose not to fo.  I'm really looking for something to fill the gap from my XDS-45 to my 92 Compact/Glock 19.  Been leaning toward a G26, however, we might get my wife an LC9s, which would open up that PX4sc 9mm for me.  Who knows.  Either way, really nice to see and feel that gun.  I liked it.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I hit up a gun show today and found one!  It was nice to be able to check it out in person.  

The DA and SA triggers were both smooth, no gritty feeling noticed.  The low-profile decock levers were really nice; now I want to swap out the set on my wife's PX4sc for those.  The large orange sight up front was very easy to pick up, and the night sight would be really handy for, well, night.  

The gun felt pretty slick in the hand.  I'd probably want some tape or a grip of sorts on it.  Price was $770 or so, IIRC, and today was the last day to qualify for a $75 rebate from Beretta.  Came with 3 mags.  

I wish I could post a picture of it from the living room, I but chose not to fo.  I'm really looking for something to fill the gap from my XDS-45 to my 92 Compact/Glock 19.  Been leaning toward a G26, however, we might get my wife an LC9s, which would open up that PX4sc 9mm for me.  Who knows.  Either way, really nice to see and feel that gun.  I liked it.  
View Quote
I believe the Compact Carry comes with Talon grips but not installed because you need to put on the backstrap you want to use first.

If you're wanting to get the low profile decockers for your wife's PX4sc get your email on Beretta's notify list, they're out of stock everywhere.
I recently found out that if you want to keep the safety function of the original levers you can remove the ball bearing and spring from them and put them in the low profile levers. You won't have the trigger bar disconnect but the safety will be functional.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks for the info, Dave.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my PX4 Compact for $399 and it came with the 2 free mags and mag pouch deal from Beretta.

I'd like to have the CC, but I'm going to have to see a lot better price than $700+.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Own 3 currently along with 2 full-size PX4s. The Compact Carry is now my new carry gun. I'm currently putting one through the 2,000 round challenge. Broke 1,500 today. Will be done by next week. They are *very* shootable guns. I shot a 2.21 Bill Drill from concealment today, a personal best. Really enjoying mine.

Best drop in upgrade for these guns is the Wilson chrome silicon 12# hammer spring. Drops the DA to 8.5-9 pounds and costs $6. The grip is very slick; I opted to have mine professionally stippled vs. installing the Talons.

I plan to run one of my PX4 CCs in a Langdon Tactical class next month. I'm working hard on dry-fire and live fire until then...I think I might be able to earn a FAST coin.

Any more questions about the PX4 CC or full size PX4 just ask!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Own 3 currently along with 2 full-size PX4s. The Compact Carry is now my new carry gun. I'm currently putting one through the 2,000 round challenge. Broke 1,500 today. Will be done by next week. They are *very* shootable guns. I shot a 2.21 Bill Drill from concealment today, a personal best. Really enjoying mine.

Best drop in upgrade for these guns is the Wilson chrome silicon 12# hammer spring. Drops the DA to 8.5-9 pounds and costs $6. The grip is very slick; I opted to have mine professionally stippled vs. installing the Talons.

I plan to run one of my PX4 CCs in a Langdon Tactical class next month. I'm working hard on dry-fire and live fire until then...I think I might be able to earn a FAST coin.

Any more questions about the PX4 CC or full size PX4 just ask!
View Quote
Thanks for the report!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the slick grip.  I've never stippled a gun, but that would probably be my first if I bought one.  

Let us know how you do at the class, especially if you use your CC!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got my PX4 Compact for $399 and it came with the 2 free mags and mag pouch deal from Beretta.

I'd like to have the CC, but I'm going to have to see a lot better price than $700+.
View Quote
I got my PX4 Compact used but unfired from a pawnshop for $325. I then purchased the Ameriglo Custom Carry sights and the Stealth G lever / single side slide release kit from Beretta for another $185. I just need a D spring or a 12lb Wilson equivalent and some Talon grips.

I highly recommend swapping the sights and stealth levers. It is like a completely different gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top