Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:04:28 PM EDT
So I was at a local-ish dealer last week and saw this 92FS laying on a buddy's desk.  He said it was sold, but he had more in the back.  After looking through the others, I begged for this one and got it, as it was earmarked for another dealer but not specifically...he had just pulled it from the others randomly and was fixing to transfer it.

I paid $300 with three factory 15-rd mags.

Yes.  $300.  But I'm a regular and we have traded favors in the past.

It is "used" but not much and it a trade-in police gun, possibly a court forfeiture, but I don't know.  Almost no wear on slide, frame rails, or bullet guide.  Almost no wear on the barrel or guide rod.  Exterior is mint minus a few tiny spots.  All the parts are steel (trigger, guide rod, mag catch) vs plastic.  No, none, zero, nada holster wear.  Sights and all paint, red and white, is perfect.  Everyone who has seen it is envious.  Frankly, I can't believe how nice it is.  I cleaned it but there was almost no fouling and it took two passes with a bore snake and three oiled patches to get the barrel clean.  I did have to get new grip panels and screws, as it had shitty Uncle Mikes rubber ones that were "sticky" from what is likely cleaning chemical reaction-caused deterioration.  Whomever put them on buggered the screws enough to damage the surface treatment and they had rusted at the tool slot edges.

I found a USGI -10 manual at the local surplus store, as well as two NIW GI mags.  The M12 USGI holster was $12+S&H NIW online; it's made by Hill Country Leather, however, so I may still pick up a Bianchi.  I grabbed the matching pouch off Amazon.  Now I just need a USGI lanyard.

Beretta's online store is pretty fantastic, BTW.  I grabbed two new 17 round mags for just $26 each.  Because I bought two, the threw in a OEM loading tool.  Grabbed a factory case, too, as well as the new grips and screws.  I did forget to add a manual and gun lock on my order, so I guess I'll have to buy something else...nod...plus UPS shipping is free if spending more than $89.  Came in fast, too, as I ordered everything last Monday night and it came Thursday.

Anyway, been wanting one for a while.  Sort of a memory lane purchase.  But new ones are pretty high, and most used ones I've seen have been beat to crap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a nice score.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Your buddy got any more for $300
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I imagine they do, but probably not $300.  The price on another was $350, IIRC.  This was the nicest I saw, a couple others were nice, too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a hard FO
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice score, what's up with the safety lever though?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice grab.
Even at $350 their a very good deal.
You buddy should put some on the EE.  Bet they would sell.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice score, what's up with the safety lever though?
View Quote

Ahh, I think I just had it partially up/down.  It's fine.  My son's been fooling with it, as he's never handled one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
You scored.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool. He will like shooting it. My nephew loves shooting my Beretta's. I think the weight paired with some target 124gr makes is very soft shooting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I found a USGI -10 manual at the local surplus store, as well as two NIW GI mags.  The M12 USGI holster was $12+S&H NIW online; it's made by Hill Country Leather, however, so I may still pick up a Bianchi.  I grabbed the matching pouch off Amazon.  Now I just need a USGI lanyard.
View Quote

Do you have a link to the holster? All I can find are running about double that, if not more. Got a couple of 92s and would like to get one of these for my kick around belt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have a link to the holster? All I can find are running about double that, if not more. Got a couple of 92s and would like to get one of these for my kick around belt.
View Quote

EBay and keepshooting.com are good bets
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn nice score! I love my 92FS.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful shape!   Sometimes it pays to be in the right place at the right time.  

My first 92 was fired for 50 rounds and I got it for $350.  I gave the guy a lot of reloading advice and he decided he just wasn't into it and sold everything.  The Dillon Square Deal B was $175.  

Good times!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice score. If I were you I would get rid of it as they have a tendency to multiply.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Where at in TN?  Haha I have to know
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#17]
That's Grand Theft Beretta!

Nice score.

The 92F was my first wonder-nine, wanted one after seeing Lethal Weapon.

Since then added more 92/96 series handguns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top