Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2017 5:50:24 PM EDT
bought this sucker back in October

Taken it to the range now twice, and each time it impresses me more. Last night I actually did better with it at 10yds than I did with my 92FS.

The only things I might change out are the slide release, safety levers, and maybe the hammer to a target variant.

These really are an underrated pistol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, if the PX4 impresses you, the Grand Power would blow your mind.  They perfected the rotating barrel design.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, if the PX4 impresses you, the Grand Power would blow your mind.  They perfected the rotating barrel design.
View Quote

I've heard that, might just have to check one out
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at the local indoor range last Saturday with my daughter and her boyfriend.
I had two new Glocks to sight in, both G17s, a Gen3 and a Gen4, both with Ameriglo 3 Dot painted steel sights to check out.

The fellow next to me had a PX4, I asked if I could shoot it. Wow.

My daughter shot much better than with the Glock as did I.

Very very impressed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The only two things I did not care for on my PX4 Storm were the sharp decock levers and the overly curved shape of the trigger. I wish they had used a trigger shaped the same as the 92FS trigger.  Other than that, I liked it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks to me like the Overal height is a little shorter than the 92.  Is that true?  Anybody know?  I think the PX4 Compact is pretty sweet too.  Actually I think the design is kind of ugly but I like the features.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The PX4 is the Beretta I wanted to hate but just can't. It is a fantastic gun. Accurate, reliable, light with a great all around feel. Why Beretta is just now deciding to start providing it with factory upgrades now 15 years after it was launched is beyond me. The PX4 compact is on my short buy list this year. I love my full size. I added a set of Trijicon sights to mine and converted it to a G.

Pairs nicely with the CX4, which is what caused me to buy one in the first place. My CX4 was set up to take PX4 mags before I converted it to accept 92 mags instead.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The PX4 is the Beretta I wanted to hate but just can't. It is a fantastic gun. Accurate, reliable, light with a great all around feel. Why Beretta is just now deciding to start providing it with factory upgrades now 15 years after it was launched is beyond me. The PX4 compact is on my short buy list this year. I love my full size. I added a set of Trijicon sights to mine and converted it to a G.

Pairs nicely with the CX4, which is what caused me to buy one in the first place. My CX4 was set up to take PX4 mags before I converted it to accept 92 mags instead.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1686-144428.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1687-144430.jpg
View Quote

You're absolutely right about them waiting so long to do anything with the PX4. Granted look how long it took them to bring out more 92 variants. I really think they don't pay much attention to their handgun market
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang it, I'm going to end up buying a PX4.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Do it! You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
and the must have items, a Cougar 8000 "D" spring and a stick on grip like this one:
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
What version is this?

Also, on every one I've handled the slide would flop from side to side just by turning the pistol over. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What version is this?
View Quote
Mine above?  A type C

Shooting it in IDPA match this AM

ETA:  shoots great, but....sights are way off.  Had to switch guns after 2nd stage to get back to respectable scoring.  The rear appears to be off right and the front is off some too.  Gonna try centering them today but heard they can be a bear to move
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine above?  A type C

Shooting it in IDPA match this AM

ETA:  shoots great, but....sights are way off.  Had to switch guns after 2nd stage to get back to respectable scoring.  The rear appears to be off right and the front is off some too.  Gonna try centering them today but heard they can be a bear to move
View Quote
Have you shot an HK LEM? How does the Beretta "C" compare?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Have you shot an HK LEM? How does the Beretta "C" compare?
View Quote
yes, they are nothing alike.  The Beretta has tension the entire pull.  I hate the LEM
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a "used" PX4 full size in .45 ACP this weekend -- I put used in quotes because it looks brand new.  Took it to the range, and I am very impressed with this pistol.  Shoots very nice for me, I like how it feels in the hand and the recoil was soft for a 45.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I waffled over buying one since they came out...
I had Glocks, XDx..M&P...
I just came to the realization I hate plastic frame pistols...

Yesterday after replacing Ball Joints on my daughters car, her and her boyfriend wanted to go browsing for firearms...

I left with a PX4 Storm for $450 that they just marked way down....and after a 100 rounds at the range...I like it.
Just as accurate as my FS92.

I was disappointed to discover the 92 mags didn't work in the PX...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I waffled over buying one since they came out...
I had Glocks, XDx..M&P...
I just came to the realization I hate plastic frame pistols...

Yesterday after replacing Ball Joints on my daughters car, her and her boyfriend wanted to go browsing for firearms...

I left with a PX4 Storm for $450 that they just marked way down....and after a 100 rounds at the range...I like it.
Just as accurate as my FS92.

I was disappointed to discover the 92 mags didn't work in the PX...
View Quote
The non-interchangability of the magazines was one of the reasons I waited for so long to buy mine
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to sacrifice a Clinton Mag I have from the dark era to a Dremel tool...

See if I can't make it work without total annihilation. Mag catch is about 3/16" off or so...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Why the hell hasn't this model caught on!  I handled it at LGS, comfortable as hell, good trigger.  I might pick one up, if I find a good deal on one!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Beretta USAs marketing department is
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why the hell hasn't this model caught on!  I handled it at LGS, comfortable as hell, good trigger.  I might pick one up, if I find a good deal on one!
View Quote
it never really caught on because Beretta initially only sold them to Law Enforcement agencies, didn't bring the Compact and Subcompact out initially when introducing the Full size, used a different magazine than their flag ship 92FS, and then in regards to the .40S&W variant had magazines that would fall apart if dropped.

They're a great pistol but the way Beretta released and initially supported them was a total shit show

in regards to the magazine not being the same as the 92 series, that a very big reason on why I waited for years to finally buy a PX4. I became initially interested in them around 2011 when I first got to see one at the AAFES BX gun counter but I didn't buy one until October 2016

The magazine issue and the fact that this was released around the time the AWB ended in 2004 is another reason I'm convinced these didn't sell well. Who wants to have to stock up on a magazine that doesn't interchange with one that has one of the biggest aftermarkets and on top of that isn't cheap either?

I'm glad to see that Beretta is now paying attention to it and offering more aftermarket parts and has brought out the Compact Carry variant, however had they done this in say 2005-06 I'm convinced this pistol would have become much more popular
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#22]
The PX4 is the next gun I want. I had a Cougar years ago and really liked it. I kick myself for selling it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The PX4 is the next gun I want. I had a Cougar years ago and really liked it. I kick myself for selling it.
View Quote
they're a damn fine pistol and shoot much better than you'd think they should
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Im thinking of trading in my Glock 19 for the PX4 (I would have gotten this had I known it existed, my only defense is that I didnt know jack when buying my first handgun, and went with Glock because it was simple and well known.) My uncle has a PX4 compact and God I love shooting that thing. The DA/SA trigger on it is just so much nicer. Still really wish I would have known about this gun.

Question, would the PX4 fullsize be something you could conceal carry? Or would the Compact version be better?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im thinking of trading in my Glock 19 for the PX4 (I would have gotten this had I known it existed, my only defense is that I didnt know jack when buying my first handgun, and went with Glock because it was simple and well known.) My uncle has a PX4 compact and God I love shooting that thing. The DA/SA trigger on it is just so much nicer. Still really wish I would have known about this gun.

Question, would the PX4 fullsize be something you could conceal carry? Or would the Compact version be better?
View Quote
Depends, some people say they carry their full size 92's, 1911's, Glocks, etc. all day long with no problems. Myself, I can carry my M9A3 OWB and with a thick baggy shirt it conceals OK. Would I want to carry it all day, especially if I was doing a lot of driving, NO.

My carry gun was a XDs IWB which was very comfortable but I decided I didn't really like carrying a striker fired gun and also I wasn't very accurate with it.

Got a PX4compact a couple of months ago and a nice IWB holster and while it's not as comfortable to carry as my XDs, it's OK to conceal carry, I can shoot it accurately, it's DA/SA and it has a 15 rd. mag.

I don't think I would care for conceal carrying the full size PX4 but YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I wore my new Beretta 92 Vertec to dinner tonight IWB in an Alien Gear 3.0 holster with a Hanks belt and a spare mag. I wore jeans and a polo and was very comfy. The key to carrying a full size pistol is having a great holster and belt combination. A lot of people fail to realize the importance of having a good belt and a good holster. These are two things you cannot cheap out on. I watched a guy at the grocery store the other day who was wearing a little Kel-tec PF9 in an IWB holster. His shirt was tucked in so you could see the gun what I really noticed was the tiny 1.25" belt he bought from Walmart struggling to control even a light weight pistol like the PF9. What compounded the problem was he was using a cheap uncle mikes nylon IWB holster with one of those little metal clips. The clip was too big for the belt and the gun was shifting when he walked. He must have felt it too because he was constantly reaching back to shift it back. This guy is probably new to carrying (or he is just stupid), most likely and he probably thinks carrying a gun sucks and is uncomfortable. Really though if he invested just a bit into his carry set up carrying a little gun like the PF9 is extremely easy.

I will some times carry my full size PX4. It isn't hard to do with the right set up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Agree about needing a good gun belt. I can get away with carrying my XDS with a lighter weight belt for a while but want my good gun belt if I'm carrying either of my Beretta's. Mine's not a belt from a big name belt maker, local guy that makes my holsters was carrying them for another local guy, he and several of his employees were wearing them, well made with 2 layers of really high quality leather. Wasn't cheap but at my age probably the last belt I'll need to buy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Agree about needing a good gun belt. I can get away with carrying my XDS with a lighter weight belt for a while but want my good gun belt if I'm carrying either of my Beretta's. Mine's not a belt from a big name belt maker, local guy that makes my holsters was carrying them for another local guy, he and several of his employees were wearing them, well made with 2 layers of really high quality leather. Wasn't cheap but at my age probably the last belt I'll need to buy.
View Quote
I have about a dozen or so belts from a few different makers. Each ranging in price from $80-$200. The problem I have now is a few years ago I was in a bad crash, laid up for awhile and put on some pounds. I am losing weight and some of the belts no longer fit. The ones using cobra buckles are pretty much a loss as they are made to fit a specific size without much room for adjustment. So once I settle back into my "fighting weight"  think I am going to skip the cool guy belts just in case something happens and my size changes I won't be losing money. Hanks belts have a 100 year warranty and you can send them back to get adjusted to smaller or larger sizes. I am going to continue to buy from them.

OP, this is my favorite belt and paired with an Alien Gear 3.0 IWB you should be able to carry your full size PX4 all day comfortably. The belt below is extremely comfortable. I often CC a full size Beretta 92A1 or like I said last night my 92 Vertec. These are not light guns. With a light weight gun like the PX4 you will forget it is there.
https://www.hanksbelts.com/collections/leather-gun-belts/products/hanks-extreme-belt-concealed-carry-belt
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#29]
A Cougar is what you seek.

If you can find one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I love my compact and use it as my duty pistol.  

I do wish I had gotten the full size, but the compact is amazingly accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Love my Italian 8040 Cougar.  

Considering a full size 9mm.  I may end up with a PX4.  Waiting to see the P10C as well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#32]
They are very nice, robar has a great carry package on these. I saw their display one when picking up my sig at their shop. Beautiful guns and robar really adds some nice features
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#33]
They are on sale at classic for 400 and I have been thinking about getting one
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They are on sale at classic for 400 and I have been thinking about getting one
View Quote
I guess you missed when they had the $75 rebate on 'em and also Arms Unlimited had em for $350 shipped.  I got one then, $275 total + FFL charge
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I guess you missed when they had the $75 rebate on 'em and also Arms Unlimited had em for $350 shipped.  I got one then, $275 total + FFL charge
View Quote
$275 for a new PX4 is a steal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wish I'd gotten some of that action.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

$275 for a new PX4 is a steal.
View Quote
The icing on the cake was it was a NEW LE version and came with three mags instead of two also!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Will full sized PX4 magazines work in the compact?  The reason I ask is that I have several full sized PX4 magazines that I use for my CX4, but I've been looking at a PX4 compact for myself and/or my wife and I would really like full magazine interchangeability with what I have already.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Arms unlimited has the type g px4 for 375 right now, I just bought one a few days ago along with The new beretta apx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top