Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:11:09 AM EDT
I have a guy with some trade interest ( I never discuss what I am trading..might curse the whole thing!)
he has a  92 SF which he says is like new in box....  if so, what kind of value is this ?   any spots on the gun or issues I should know about?   I havent held or shot a 92 since the mid 1980's!  I just figure it would be nice to add one to my range gun collection... thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd value it around $400.
Depending on when it was made, your guide rod may be steel or plastic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd check the rails for galling. Beyond that if it looks nib than if say your good to go.

Most Berettas sell around $500. Knock $100 off after walking out the door and go from there. So $400 sounds good.

Don't worry about polymer parts. The guide rod is an upgrade and the trigger and safety are purely cosmetic and cheap to replace down the road.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
well turns out i got it... it is like brand new, no wear at all... it is marked  "U.S. 9mm M9 Beretta USA"  trying to upload a pic but having issues...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What did you trade ????
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did you trade ????
View Quote

leftover AR parts put together into rifle... maybe about $400-$500 worth.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

leftover AR parts put together into rifle... maybe about $400-$500 worth.
View Quote

Very fair imo. Nice gun
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
well turns out i got it... it is like brand new, no wear at all... it is marked  "U.S. 9mm M9 Beretta USA"  trying to upload a pic but having issues...
View Quote

As you must/may know by now, you got an M9, not a 92FS as mentioned in your first post. Nice score.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As you must/may know by now, you got an M9, not a 92FS as mentioned in your first post. Nice score.
View Quote

yeh..he told me it was an FS.. I was nicely suprised to see the M9...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome score!

I recommend ordering a factory "D" spring.  It will make the DA trigger like butter.

Link Posted: 12/23/2016 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Awesome score!

I recommend ordering a factory "D" spring.  It will make the DA trigger like butter.
View Quote

Yes this^.  Adding a D spring is easy and greatly improves the DA trigger.  It was the best upgrade I made to my FS model.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooh, good score. Looks like you got an M9 Commercial, not a 92FS. Worth a bit more (and IMO cosmetically purdier).
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.. I was happy it was the M-9.. I just ordered a bunch of stuff for it, D spring,WC G10 grips, SR trigger, and was going to order the G conversion to make it a decocker only...but they are still out of stock .  love shooting this pistol, glad I got it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks.. I was happy it was the M-9.. I just ordered a bunch of stuff for it, D spring,WC G10 grips, SR trigger, and was going to order the G conversion to make it a decocker only...but they are still out of stock .  love shooting this pistol, glad I got it.
View Quote

Yeah, my M9 Commercial has been my primary pistol since 2005. It's unfailingly reliable, durable (it got used to smash an object during an emergency and happily kept going aside from some battle damage to the finish on the barrel and slide), accurate enough you can place shots pretty close to where you want them at 50 yards even without piles of practice, and well-balanced. It hasn't had one failure in 11.5 years of use aside from a few FTFs when I was new to shooting it due to user error (limp-wristing). It's basically a $1000 pistol for $550. Great gun and I'd trust my life to it any day without hesitation.

As others often point out, the military's problems with it stem from the military having its head in its ass with regards to maintaining them... using parts beyond when they should be replaced, rebuilding full pistols from parts of destroyed pistols with enormous round counts, using bad mags, etc. The 1911s in federal inventory were in similarly horrific shape when it got replaced by the M9 for the same reasons. You halfway take care of an M9 and it will outlast most other pistols easily.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Good call on the g10 grips and SR trigger. Made mine feel like a much better weapon. Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top