Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2016 11:01:35 PM EDT
As my Sig line will attest I am more of a CZ fan, I did own a Cougar for awhile and I liked the controls. But I don't want to send any more money to Turkey after that coup went all pear shaped so I have been thinking about picking up an Italian police surplus Beretta 92 lately. I finally got a look at one today, I was impressed with the quality and I have had a hankering for a 92 for a long time. If I get one I would probably have it refinished and upgrade a few parts. I'm told that they make good suppressor hosts, but that would come later on.

The one thing I really didn't like about the 92S I looked at was the sights. They were borderline nonexistent. Is there a way around this? If memory serves the rear sight was dovetailed, though the dovetail was tiny and the front sight was part of the slide.

Would I have to send the slide off to be machined to get replacement sights put in? If so then is there anyone that someone here would recommend to do such work?

Added vid that told me about these in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you can change the sights. I'm pretty sure they're milled into the slide.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#2]
the rear is changeable
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The front sights are milled as a part of the slide. I don't know if there is enough material on the front of the slide on the 92S to mill away the factory sight and replace it with a dovetailed sight.

Honestly the 92S surplus guns on the market are best viewed as collector guns...something you buy and shoot occasionally at the range for fun. If you want to do anything serious with a pistol you'd be much better off checking for a low priced 92FS...and there are plenty out there to be had.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm thinking I might have enough guns. If not then that new Arex pistol keeps calling my name.
Top Top