Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2016 7:00:16 PM EDT
A little over thirty years ago I purchased a pair of Beretta M81 (Beretta M84 chambered in .32acp), one for my girlfriend and one for myself. No, we didn't wear matching outfits. Anyway she's long gone, but my Beretta remains I just haven't shot it in decades. I fished it out of my safe and took some Blazer FMJ's to the range today.

What a nice firearm! I forgot how accurate the little thing was. I was shooting x and 10 ring at 30 feet on the B27 reduced target. Very little recoil, but more than I thought it would have. One of the downfalls of making that purchase is the pistol only came with one magazine. Over the years I kept my eyes peeled for spares, buying two around 1993 from a guy who thought they were going to be illegal and several more recently. Spare magazines are hard to find, really hard.

The five spare magazines almost cost me as much as the original gun. I paid $185.00 for each firearm when new. They were half the price of the Beretta M84 .380 in 1984.  

12 round magazine plus 1 in the chamber makes the little .32 useable as a back up. I just thought people would be interested in a rare (for the USA) handgun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I love 32s!  Almost got oneof these for one of my super teeny lady friends but she was able to handle my Sig 230 AND EVEN  a Beretta 92!  We split the difference and got her an 84.  Can't wait to see her shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I knew how to post pictures.................
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You and me both! Couldn't you use the .380 mags? I know the rounds are the same length.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You and me both! Couldn't you use the .380 mags? I know the rounds are the same length.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.380 magazines will not work. The .32 bullets simply pop out, I tried. Right now a guy out of Medford, OR. is selling Beretta M81 .32acp magazines on Gunbroker. At least he was last month. He implied he had a bunch of them.

They are brand new Beretta magazines in blister packs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
.32s are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
.32s are fun to shoot.
View Quote

That's why a Beretta .32 INOX Tomcat is on my very short list.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I wish I knew how to post pictures.................

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_168/638569_Picture_posting_tutorial_and_PICTURE_test_thread.html
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend got her 84.  One of the nicest out of the box guns I have ever handled.  I will try to get some pics this week!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Had the .22 member of that family some time back when they were first brought into the UK

The Model no was 87BB

Great little gun, but never took to the alloy frame. May be worth keeping an eye out for one, it'd make a cheap practice piece to go with the .32
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm for some reason the photos are not loading.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hmm for some reason the photos are not loading.
View Quote

How 'bout now?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top