Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 8:55:04 AM EDT
While waiting for a new M9 to come in stock, I decided to snag a 92S to play with ( Thanks ARFCOM )

I took it out yesterday and with several different brands of ammo I was getting very erratic ejection. Lots of brass to the face, some going straight in front of the gun, some going straight up, and back down on the gun or my hands.

I am guessing I need to do something with the ejector? I replaced the springs with Wolff springs - factory 13lb recoil, 16lb hammer. It shoots very smooth and is plenty accurate, but I need to figure out the ejection "pattern"

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably could use a new extractor spring and cleaning of the extractor as well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The only ejection pattern I care about is if the gun keeps
Running that is good enough for
Me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I work at a gun range pt and shoot before I clock in. I guess I dont notice when I get beaned but Ive had customers ask whats that black spot on my head Happens alot I guess
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I dumped my Glock 43 as my EDC because it developed a BTF issue. It was tossing brass back to my face with considerable force. I am fortunate enough to live not far from Glock, three trips down there, after each trip my 43 was good for about 200rnds or so and the problem started back up again. It would start by tossing brass straight up in the air. That would develop into gradually ejecting back. All of my 19s and 17s have the Apex extractor and the Gen 4 ejector and they work great. I am hoping Apex will make an extractor for the 43. The variance in the MIM extractor is causing some tolerance stacking. I am thinking about picking up a Nano to replace it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
First thing to try is was posted before.  Remove extractor, inspect, clean and replace (new or the old ones)

The extractor channel gets a lot of carbon, powder and other crap in it.  There is no easy way to clean.  You just have to remove every few thousand rounds.

The extractor may have some wear or the spring may be shot.  Both are fairly cheap to replace.  Regardless you still need to remove and clean things up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a new extractor spring on the way ( start cheap right ? )

I should have included in the original post that when I got it, I tore it down to the last spring and pin, and cleaned the hell out of it, and I mean hell There was some pretty nasty build up in the guts of the pistol, but everything was thoroughly cleaned before it was put back together.

Hopefully the new spring fixes the problem. I am going to touch up the bluing while I have the slide apart again. The nose is pretty much bare metal, especially the front sight. I don't mind the wear, but the silver front sight could use some love.

Even with the crazy brass tossing I am still happy with it. With less than $300 into it including transfer fees I can't complain too much. I snagged 4 of the repro Taurus mags that were mentioned in the other thread and they all function flawlessly.

Now I just need Beretta to start shipping M9s so I can get the new one I have on backorder.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an M9 a couple months back. It had some rough machining in a few places and it looked like they used child laborers to install the safety block roll pin. I have since run a few thousand rounds through it and it has smoothed out. I think production at BUSA is pretty limited with the move right now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats what I have been told. Its been backordered since the first week of May, and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I have seen them in stock a few places during the wait, but am happy to wait to save some money. Gotta love the first responder deal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top