Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
1 week old, my first range trip.  I made it to about round 30 and the trigger started to fail to return.  At round 60 the trigger would no longer cock the hammer rearward enough to fire the gun. Once I got home and took it apart I saw that the polymer grip frame was spreading and the trigger link slipped off the pin on one side. I can put it back and it will work a few more times before it happens again.

Beretta warranty didn't even question it, tomorrow a UPS driver is picking it up.

It was also failing to chamber the 95 grain Winchester, truncated cone FMJ ammo.  It's not broken in yet, but it was still disappointing.

I'm bummed, but I'm looking forward to getting it back working right.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Brand new Neos .22 for my Wife.
It would only drop the hammer if you shot it right handed.
Slop in the trigger pivot wouldn't allow it to work left handed.

They took it back, as the gunsmith at Gander Mtn. said he couldn't fix it.

Berettas are now shit to me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't dismiss a whole company based on their cheapest product. There have been some real turd .22s pushed out by a lot of reputable manufacturers over the years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
My lady just got herself a Pico. So far one trip to the range everything was good. Ill be sure to keep a close on eye it though jic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

I love my PX4 Storm compact.  One of the best guns I've ever owned, and I've owned a shitload of them.

I bought the Pico based on that.  I hope Beretta takes care of me.  I'll update when I get it back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Gen 1 or Gen 2?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gen 1 or Gen 2?
View Quote

Gen 2, it's brand new and the box has a sticker on it that says "Upgraded for easier operation".
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I got an email from Beretta yesterday afternoon, my Pico is headed back and will be delivered by end of day on Monday.  No info on what they did.  And their website still says that it's "Awaiting inspection", lol.  Hopefully they will at least explain what they did to fix the problem.

And thankfully I don't have to waste ammo to test it, a snap cap and a few dozen trigger pulls will tell the tale.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, it's back and the main problem of the trigger bar slipping off the pin seems to be fixed. I put an empty case in it and pulled the trigger a couple of dozen times and all seems good.

From what I can tell they didn't address the problem of it failing to feed the truncated cone WWB ammo at all. I'm betting they don't consider it an issue.  Brings back memories, all bad, of every 1911 I've ever owned, "just find the one ammo that it likes".  lol

All they stated on the repair order was;

"Safety checks and function checks.  Replaced factory parts and test fired with shop magazines.  Weapon functions as designed".  

I guess it's designed not to function properly with truncated cone FMJ ammo.

I won't get a chance to shoot it for a few days.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got to the range with my newly repaired Pico.  I'm happy to report that not only is the trigger bar issue resolved, but so is the failure to feed with the WWB truncated cone FMJ ammo.  I fired 50 rounds of that, and I also fired 10 rounds of WW Defense and 10 of Hornady XTP hollowpoints.  I didn't have a single issue all fed and the gun is surprising accurate for such a tiny little pistol.

The target below is from the WWB ammo, off hand at 11 yards.  The WW hollowpoints shot a couple of inches low, and the Hornady XTP's a couple of inches high.  But all fed flawlessely.  Even the slide dropped cleanly on them.

My hat's off to Beretta, they actually fixed both issues and did it in a timely manner.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad everything turned out well!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]

On a separate note... where was your Pico made? Is that one of the new Tennessee models? Mine's from Accokeek, MD and the slide looks very different. Different grooves, and the Beretta name in a different spot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top