Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 12:59:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, I got an M9A3 and I love the pistol except for one thing. My favorite M9 mags are the PVD 15 round M9A1 mags and when I try to insert them in the magazine well the plastic base plate seems to be too thick to allow the mags to lock in place. Has anyone else noticed this?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine works with 5 different types of manufacturers just fine, you try it with the slide open and the grips off to see how close it gets?. Did you put the M9 grips on it or leave the Vertec in place? I have not tried it with the M9 grips on it yet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like Beretta has been making some mags too short lately.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta said the mags were good when I sent them back for inspection. They should have the pistol back soon, they think it's a dimensional issue with the frame. They've been very easy to deal with so far, it's just frustrating. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely interested in the outcome. If this does turn out to be an out of spec frame, it would be the second issue I've head of with M9A3s. The first being the trigger pin drift.

It sucks to be the person who gets an awesome gun, but winds up with the one lemon (I had a Sig like that). But honestly with a new pistol it doesn't seem like there have been many issues or many folks who have problems.

Best of luck with this.

-Cory
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Trigger pin drift is only because the slide stop spring is not in correctly. But, I did see one post recently of a guy with an M9A3 with a spring too short. It must have broke. That is such a simple fix to fix in like 10 seconds. Now, it sucks to pay another $10 - but you can buy the spring from Brownells (plus shipping), or get Beretta to send you a new one for free.

So, I wouldn't count that as a "problem" for the M9A3. I had a 92FS in the 1990s that has that spring installed wrong.

But, I HAVE heard of the mag issue for the M9A3.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It turned out to be an out of spec frame. They are shipping me a new pistol though and have been easy to deal with, even to the point of paying for shipping.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, its great that they are replacing it for you with no hassle! Not so great that something like that can slip past QC/QA.

-Cory
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The one time i dealt with beretta years ago they were outstanding, good to hear they are still on top of things.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I am seriously considering one of these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top