Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2016 10:53:08 PM EDT
So I traded into one of these. I was real happy with the deal. I thought I would like the wraparound grip because my M9A1 never gave me any grief with the grip size, but the Vertex grip is actually my preference now.

But, these grips are pretty thin. The mag release catches the edge of the grip on it's out stroke, which then bends the grip panel outward slightly. Then the mag release clears & the grip gives a little audible "pop" as it springs back into place.

I think the trouble is the mag release fit is on the loose side. To those knowledgeable, how do I fix this minor annoyance? My M9a1 release does not have any play in it. So it either has a better fitted release, or the grips are thicker & prevent the button from moving fore / aft. Do Beretta parts have any variance to where I could get a new mag release & see if it fits better? Or do I just relieve the grip & forget about it? I thought I remember reading that the grip panel retained the mag catch, but I'm not sure. I don't feel like stripping the pistol down any further unless it is necessary.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The grip panels don't contain the mag catch at all.. if you choose to relieve the grip, it's not a problem.

Personally I swap all my mag releases out for the larger Elite style, but if you go by the "modify the cheapest part and work up" mantra, cutting on the grips a little is still the easiest way to go.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The grip panels don't contain the mag catch at all.
View Quote

You need to remove the grips to remove the mag release.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't loose those little lock washers when you take the grip screw off.....assuming they are there..
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I relieved it & solved the issue it seems. I swapped the grips with my M9A1 & the problem wasn't present so I went ahead. The mag release is fit pretty loose, which is disappointing though. Is there enough variation in the parts that I could buy another one to see if it helps? I am guessing not.

Like I said, the slim grips are very flexible, I wish VZ made some replacements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top