Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2016 8:00:38 AM EDT
Sorry for beating this into the ground. But saw a NIB 92fs with made in italy   at LGS  sitting right beside a USA made 92fs .  I was thinking all 92's are made here now. I was wrong.

The M9 and the 92FS the same pistol over all ?

Is there any reason the hive would pick one over the other ?

I have the 92 bug .. I want and need one . I have the glocks, HK's , Sig's , but no berretta . That needs to change . Thanks for answering questions asked a million times on here. Million and one ?  Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Italy version probably does not have lawyer label on it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The Italian ones have a number engraved on the slide from what I've seen.

I'm not sure about the owners manual warning.

I have 2 US made 92 s a Wilson and plane Jane 92g.  They both have a nice slide fit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I have owned both. The Italian ones are always better fit and finish. Plus you don't get as much warning crap on the side of it as the US ones. Coming to think of it I always bought the Italian ones besides my m9a3. But if they had one made in  Italy I would buy that one,
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have owned both. The Italian ones are always better fit and finish. Plus you don't get as much warning crap on the side of it as the US ones. Coming to think of it I always bought the Italian ones besides my m9a3. But if they had one made in  Italy I would buy that one,
View Quote

Not lately.  Check over on the Beretta forum.  The US guns for the last several years have consistently had a better finish.  Some speculate it has to do with the factory having to meet .gov specs.  I recently bought an Italian online and was less than satisfied with the thin finish when it arrived.  Unfortunately you can't depend on where the gun comes from as to the fit and finish.  Best thing to do is look at them in person.

I bought a M9A1 Compact yesterday (US) and drove 4 hours to the shop because I wanted to scope it over before buying it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not lately.  Check over on the Beretta forum.  The US guns for the last several years have consistently had a better finish.  Some speculate it has to do with the factory having to meet .gov specs.  I recently bought an Italian online and was less than satisfied with the thin finish when it arrived.  Unfortunately you can't depend on where the gun comes from as to the fit and finish.  Best thing to do is look at them in person.

I bought a M9A1 Compact yesterday (US) and drove 4 hours to the shop because I wanted to scope it over before buying it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe that's my problem. I have an Italian 92a1 with about 3000 rounds though it and the rails finish has completely been rubbed off. Just bare metal on metal. Still functions fine though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're planning to SBR it, buy a US made - otherwise you'll have 922r issues.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
US-made M9 also does not have the lawyer-label.

The US model 92FS has the defacement.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Italian's have a PSF factory proof stamp.

Try to find that on a US made one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quality control standards with American ones are stricter but the Italians tend to be smoother at least the older ones. Also there's Roll pins in the Italian models you might want to punch out and replace with drift pins. In the long run the American ones, I think, are better made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top