Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:04:49 PM EDT
I'm looking for an OWB holster and am leaning toward the Tactical Assault Holster on Shopwilsoncombat.com, but they are out of stock.  The Blade-Tech they sell looks pretty nice, too, and is in stock.  The Tac Assault, however, has a suede lining to give extra protection for the finish.

My question is, would the Blade-Tech be more likely to cause wear? I've no experience with the finish on the Beretta, so that's why I ask.  I've got some very basic kydex holsters in which I carry my Glocks every day, and I've seen no wear at all, but that is on the Glock slide finish.  I actually like the looks of the Blade-Tech better, but still would feel more comfortable with the soft lining on the Assault Tac.  

Note: I won't be using this for EDC.  Just range time and occasional steel competition.  I just want this gun to look as good 20 years from now, other than wear from shooting it.  I'm really leaning toward the Blade-Tech because it has more rigid plastic belt loops, as opposed to what appears to be leather on the Tac Assault.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I carried a 92FS daily for three years in a Comptac holster.

Kydex holsters will wear three or four spots on the finish. The finish will come off on those spots, and then there will be no more wear.

You will get wear no matter what, with any holster. Be aware of that... Leather tends to wear slower, but will wear the entire side of the gun over time...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Well worn Berettas are best berettas
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well worn Berettas are best berettas
View Quote

I went ahead and ordered the Blade-Tech from Wilson.  Since it isn't EDC, it will probably take years to show any wear.  I looked my EDC Glocks very closely again and there really is no wear at all from the Kydex, and they are in and out of the holster again and again.  

I'm sure the primary wear will come from shooting it.  I plan to shoot this one a lot, especially if I'm accurate with it.  It'll be my primary steel competition gun, for sure!

Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
All holsters will wear on the finish. Some finishes hold up better than others. One advantage of Kydex is that you can easily wash it if it gets dirty. Of course, some of us do hundreds of draw stokes a week and will show wear faster than other users.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with their Kydex carry holster and double mag pouch from Wilson Combat. My belts are 1 3/4" so it was pretty much my only option. It's physically BIG, but comfortable.

Might just buy a surplus Military M9 holster for the heck of it.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All holsters will wear on the finish. Some finishes hold up better than others. One advantage of Kydex is that you can easily wash it if it gets dirty. Of course, some of us do hundreds of draw stokes a week and will show wear faster than other users.

http://www.arestactical.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/beretta-comp-set.jpg
View Quote

That is a really nice looking set up!  Is Inox a finish or stainless and buffed or brushed aluminum?  I've never examined it closely.  Also, how durable is the bruniton finish compared to bluing, or is it really exactly the same as bluing?  It appears to me that it is not the same.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
DanW, that is actually a Inox Brigadier in a 92G-sd/WC Brig Tac holster. Just didn't have the Brig Tac when the pic was taken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top