Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2015 6:26:28 PM EDT
Anyone make a good light barring holster for it? My go to place is bravo concealment. But after emailing them they said the m9a1 and the 92a1 holsters would not fit it. I have a Inforce apl light on it as well. I do have a safariland holster on my battle belt but it's pretty huge for conceal carry. Options?
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
JM Custom makes some nice light-bearing holsters that will fit it. Any M9A1 or Vertec holster will fit the M9A3, btw.

ETA: Whoever at Bravo told you the M9A1 holsters don't fit it is wrong.

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The M9A1 holster should fit the M9a3. This is probably not the case if you add a weapon light. I don't believe the rail slots correspond between the two.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M9A1 holster should fit the M9a3. This is probably not the case if you add a weapon light. I don't believe the rail slots correspond between the two.
View Quote

I think your right. The rail looks more like the 92a1
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see why it wouldn't work with a light. I don't own an A3, but I do own a 92G-SD. Just from looking at photos on the web, it appears that the center rail slot on the A3 is in the same position as the single slot on the G-SD/ M9A1/ Vertec. If I were to mount a light on my G-SD, that same light should interface in the exact same spot on the A3 relative to the G-SD. I believe that the two other slots fore and aft on the A3 just give you more options for lights and lasers. Of course, I could also be wrong...
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone put a dial caliper on the center slot spacing and I'll compare it to the M9A1 I have. Waiting for the hook up on a M9a3 myself.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The M9A3 frame is just a Vertec frame with a different color. The rails on the Vertec and M9A1 are the exact same. I've had both at the same time and used the same lights and holsters for them. They are identical forward of the grip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The M9A3 frame is just a Vertec frame with a different color. The rails on the Vertec and M9A1 are the exact same. I've had both at the same time and used the same lights and holsters for them. They are identical forward of the grip.
View Quote

Bump. I'm looking for a holster now too. Anyone have anything to add from the last month? I'll look for some for the vertec but suggestions help. OWB.
Also, for non concealed will the Safariland 3280 work?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The only holster I found so far for the M9A3 with an Inforce APL light is Blackhawk's Omega VI universal modular nylon holster.

It's a drop leg holster, but can be reconfigured as a belt holster. The thing is huge, especially with the spare mag pouch on the front edge of the holster, but at least it works. Also works on molle gear.

It can be adjusted for a tight fit, but the thumb break snap, if adjusted properly to hold the pistol in the holster will never get snapped on re-holstering because the strap is way too stiff to bend around the hammer of your pistol.

I contacted Raven and they said they're looking to get a M9A3 at some point in the future and plan on making a light bearing holster for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
JM Custom makes some nice light-bearing holsters that will fit it. Any M9A1 or Vertec holster will fit the M9A3, btw.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I sent BC an email today and here is their response.

Hi Orracle,
We currently do to offer this option as it will not fit any of our molds. We are in the process of adding this to our list within a few days. Please feel free to check back with us within a few days. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.  

If by a few days they mean a month or two, I can probably wait.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#10]
the guy that did my holster is

stitchclimber here on ARF.

it took about one week but it was nicely done.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Received my holster today from Ares Tactical. Well made from my eye and it fits quite well. It's an M9A1 holster w/ a TLR-1 HL light. I don't think it's modified in any way for the new design, which actually brought to mind the difference between the "grooves" for safe and hot. With the M9A3's safety angle this could be an issue, but it didn't seem to have much of an effect. So far I love this holster, and the crafter is an arfcommer (I'm not sure if he wants me to say who so I'll leave that to him) and took great care of me. Now I need him to make me a shoulder holster.

ETA: The longer barrel does poke a little below the design on the shell, but it's open at the bottom and fits a touch snugger than the photo below.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top