Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
Most people are familiar with the Beretta 92FS Compact, the little brother of the full size 92FS, but many are not familiar with the single stack variant, the 92FS Compact Type M. Beretta made the 92SB Type M back in 1981-83, but there is not a lot of info on how many were imported to the US. Between 1990 and 1993, Beretta imported limited quantities of the 92F type M. Later, the 92FS Type M was made in the US from 1998 to 2003.

Apart from using a 8 rd single stack magazine vs the standard 13 rd double stack magazines, the pistols are nearly identical, including the same size slide. Here are some measurements I took off my 92FS Compact and Compact Type M. Frame width was measured with grips removed, slide width was measured ~halfway down barrel and does not include the safety/decocker width.

Standard Compact 92FS (with rail):
Frame width: 26.14 mm
Grip width: 35.24 mm
Slide width: 28.2 mm
LOP 72.83mm

92FS Type M:
Frame width: 18.86 mm
Grip width: 32.0 mm
Slide width: 28.2 mm
LOP: 72.5 mm

Side by side pictures, notice that the standard 92FS Compact uses the M9A1 style frame, with checkered grips and frame rail. This was started with the most recent production in 2013 which also includes a reversible magazine release, lanyard cap, hex grip screws, and black guide rod, safety, and ejector. Older models may not have these differences.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Great... now i want one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanted to buy the one you had for sale
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Very nice OP! The Compact 92 has been on my wish list for a long time. I didn't know that a single-stack was made, very cool. Kinda like their models 84 and 85. Interesting...
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, the width in the frame is a lot closer than I thought it would be.  I didn't know they made the Compact M in stainless though, either. Nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top