Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 11:50:34 PM EDT
Maybe I'm picky but I'm thinking about sending it to Wilson or beretta or whoever.  The slide finish looks like maybe they sprayed to much on during one of the coats.  Maybe I am being picky.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked this up Monday nib.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Beretta's finishes have always sucked ass. Hoping the Cerakote they're using on the M9A3 is applied better than the crappy finish they use for the other guns......
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact Tressa at Wilson.  She handles customer service.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe I read on another forum that Beretta is handling the CS on the Brig Tacs as Beretta builds them, not Wilson. I could be wrong though.

OP, for what the pistol costs, I would be unhappy with that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe I read on another forum that Beretta is handling the CS on the Brig Tacs as Beretta builds them, not Wilson. I could be wrong though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hesitate, the sooner you complain, the sooner it gets refinished and back in your hands.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like shit. $1100? Yeah I'd send it back yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Send it back.  My bone stock factory 92A1 finish looks better than that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr Wilson at the Beretta Forum has publicly stated to contact them on any finish issues for the gun - and they will refinish it in the Wilson Armor Tuff finish. He posted the contact info, but it's somewhere in a 20+ pages thread. I don't have that the contact info, though... It's in that thread someplace
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mr Wilson at the Beretta Forum has publicly stated to contact them on any finish issues for the gun - and they will refinish it in the Wilson Armor Tuff finish. He posted the contact info, but it's somewhere in a 20+ pages thread. I don't have that the contact info, though... It's in that thread someplace
View Quote

I'd start with Tressa at Wilson.  She has been responsive in my very limited dealings with her (D spring replacement for my early model BrigTac).
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
My brand new 92A1 does not look as good as my 1998 M9.  I just think Beretta is slipping or don't care that much about how the guns look when they leave.

Edit...was it refinished as part of your package by Wilson?  Or is that the finish from Beretta?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My brand new 92A1 does not look as good as my 1998 M9.  I just think Beretta is slipping or don't care that much about how the guns look when they leave.

Edit...was it refinished as part of your package by Wilson?  Or is that the finish from Beretta?
View Quote

That is the finish from Beretta.   I need to call I just haven't.   I will.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]
It is on it's way to Wilson to get an action job and they are going to refinish the slide with Armor-Tuff free of charge.

I spoke with Alex and he said technically it is something Beretta should address since it is their finish, but if I want to sent it in they would do it since it has Wilsons name on it as well.  With how bad the finish is and it seems Beretta's are known for this as of late I opted to send it to Wilson.

It seemed like a good excuse for me to go ahead with getting the action job done.  I opted for the more expensive one with all the chrome silicone springs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is on it's way to Wilson to get an action job and they are going to refinish the slide with Armor-Tuff free of charge.

I spoke with Alex and he said technically it is something Beretta should address since it is their finish, but if I want to sent it in they would do it since it has Wilsons name on it as well.  With how bad the finish is and it seems Beretta's are known for this as of late I opted to send it to Wilson.

It seemed like a good excuse for me to go ahead with getting the action job done.  I opted for the more expensive one with all the chrome silicone springs.
View Quote

You have chosen.....wisely.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make sure you ask them to install the Wilson trigger bar.  It'll be a few extra bucks, but it makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I looked at mine and yours appears pretty bad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Make sure you ask them to install the Wilson trigger bar.  It'll be a few extra bucks, but it makes a huge difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they call me to go over my work order I will ask about it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get an estimate for how long it will take Wilson to do the work? Ive been thinking about sending mine in for an action tune as well
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you get an estimate for how long it will take Wilson to do the work? Ive been thinking about sending mine in for an action tune as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but I will update when they call me go go over my work order.  I Imagine the slide refinish will affect It though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No but I will update when they call me go go over my work order.  I Imagine the slide refinish will affect It though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I forgot to ask when I talked to them today.  I was in a hurry and was on hold for a bit.  I will update when they say it is done.  I added the wilson trigger bar.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so turn around for an action job and refinishing the slide was about a month.  I am getting ready to move so it may be a week or so before i get pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top