Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2015 2:46:28 PM EDT
I have a bunch of spares for a 92FS but am getting a 92A1 soon. What do I need to get other than the RSA?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The recoil spring set up is different.  The 92a1 has a recoil buffer in it.....also the front sight is different.  That's about it as I remember.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
As I'm digging more that seems to be correct, looks like there are some polymer parts that I should replace as well: http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-factory-92fs-steel-parts-trigger-safety-levers-recoil-rod-mag-rel-/e00706/

It looks like the same recoil spring is used, just the assembly is different? If so, what are the part numbers for the other pieces? I should pick them up and a spare recoil buffer.

I may call Beretta USA Monday and see if I can get everything in one shot, once I figure out the part numbers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use any replacement recoil rod, spring replacement.  I put the Wilson fluted in mine. 14lb. The trigger and mag release is polymer coated metal.  I replaced both with Wilson Combat products.  The safety/hammer drop levers are metal, no polymer coating.

You may want to pick up a lighter hammer spring.  You may want a dogbone replacement for the pin in the hammer spring/lanyard cap.  The 92A1 has a pin that you have to drive out with a punch.  You can replace it with the dogbone that just pushes out much easier.  They are a few bucks.

Biggest problem is finding holsters to fit.  Found out several that are made for the M9A1 won't work with the 92A1.  I ended up getting the nice belt slide leather from Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing that is different about the RSA is that it is captured.  I can put the one from my M9 in it and vice versa, and they work fine.  The recoil buffer is under the RSA in the bottom of the frame.  It sits on top of it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
So are there any polymer parts I should replace then or will I be good as it comes from the factory?

Are there any cheap Fobus or Serpa style holsters that will work?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The polymer parts are fine IMHO.  I just wanted to change them out and it really didn't cost that much.  Trigger mainly because I wanted the short reach trigger.  

I could not find any of the cheaper holsters..  Safariland does make a few.  I could not find my favorite, the ALS in that model.  I know the G-Code that is made for the M9A1 and the M9 will not work with the 92A1 per the manufacturer.  I called and talked with them about it.

If you find something else, post it up please.  I have a good CCW holster now, but would still like a tactical/range holster for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing I would definately recommend replacing is the hammer spring.  Mine had an atrocious trigger pull.  Changed out that spring and trigger pull improved GREATLY...!!  

Bought mine from Wilson, let me check and I'll get back with you on the # of the spring.

Edit... Mine is a 14lb hammer spring.  Also running the 14lb recoil spring and Wilson fluted guide rod.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]
For holsters try:

Blackhawk Serpa for a Springfield XD. Mine is a Serpa Sportster. It ever so often won't lock in when reholstering. Still, it's a good option if you don't use accessories on the rail.

If you have a TLR-1, the Safariland Vertec holster M-3/M-6 light works perfect with a 92A1 and Streamlight TLR-1s. Number on mine is 6280-73421.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input, I ended up buying both that Serpa and a Fobus for railed 92/96's. The Serpa had the same issue you mentioned and was iffy enough I returned it. The Fobus works well enough that I'll hang onto it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top