Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2015 12:32:47 PM EDT
Anyone tried a 13lb hammer spring in a Beretta 92?  I installed a D spring which is a 14lb and tried it with several different types of ammo.  No issues.  This is going in a new 92A1.  I am trying to get the trigger to feel like my M9 that I bought used.  It has the best double action trigger I have ever felt.  The gun had not been shot much and I have no idea what the prior owner did to it.  It shoots all types of ammo fine too with no light strikes.

I bought a 13lb from Wilson and thinking about trying it.  They sell all the way down to 11lb for competition.  This gun will be for defense so I don't want to go into the non reliable range.

So, anyone have experience with the 13?  Going to stick this one in this weekend and try it out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried the 13lb spring tonight.  Replicated the trigger pull on my M9.  Wish I had a gauge so I could go by more than feel.  Ran 50 rounds of Wolf through it.  Ran 100%.  Going to run a few 100 more this weekend before calling it good plus my carry ammo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told that D springs are 17# and factory ones are 20#.  where did you read 14# for D's?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was told that D springs are 17# and factory ones are 20#.  where did you read 14# for D's?
View Quote

I could have sworn I read it on Wilson Combats page, but for the life of me I can't find it now.  I did find one page that said they were 16lbs and one that they were 18lbs.  Both of those pages agreed that stock is 20.

I honestly don't know.  I have read so much about these pistols and watched so many youtube videos, I'm not sure where I either read or heard that.

Someone more knowledgeable, please enlighten me.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone more knowledgeable, please enlighten me.  
View Quote

Post #2
D spring weight
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed Wilson Combat today.  They advised their 16# spring is the replacement for an OEM Beretta D spring.  They sell both the 16 and 14 in their carry kit.  They said either the 16 or 14 were good for carry/defensive use.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if it matters much, but I have the wolff 16# spring in mine and it works great with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top