Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 3:43:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Wilson has finally released the Beretta 92 trigger bar I've been hearing about for a while now:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Ultimate-Action-Tune-Kit-Beretta-90-Series/productinfo/748/

The trigger bar, properly fitted, is supposed to result in a significantly reduced trigger pull while still providing reliable ignition. By "significantly reduced" I mean a DA trigger pull weight dropped into the single digits. I've got two on order, one for my Wilson Brig Tac and one for my Elite I. I'll report back on what I find.
View Quote
Sweet, yeah, definitely report back!  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, just when I'd bought my new Beretta too.
Sweet! Off to order one.

I really wish it came without the springs. I already have good springs, and the extra cost sucks.

ETA: Anyone know how difficult fitting the part is? I'm normally leery of doing that sort of involved gunsmithing, just because I've never done it before.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn, just when I'd bought my new Beretta too.

Sweet! Off to order one.

I really wish it came without the springs. I already have good springs, and the extra cost sucks.

ETA: Anyone know how difficult fitting the part is? I'm normally leery of doing that sort of involved gunsmithing, just because I've never done it before.

View Quote
They hav instructions in the bottom of the description. it looks like you will need to trim some of the hammer.

On second looking you may need to trim the "fitting area" which may be on the trigger bar
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Received the new trigger bar today.

There is a built-in overtravel stop around the main pin which will need to be adjusted (filed) to allow for enough movement of the sear to release the hammer. The overtravel stop is a round protrusion on the front of the pin's base which limits forward movement of the trigger bar. As it came from the package it wasn't allowing quite enough movement to cleanly move the sear enough for hammer release.

That was about 10 minutes of filing and a little bit of polishing. The rest is pretty simple if you're familiar with taking 92 series handguns apart and putting them back together.

I used the new trigger bar in concert with the 13# hammer spring I had already installed previously. End result? Significantly lighter and smoother trigger pull. It's actually a lighter trigger pull than what is on my LTT 92FS Ernest worked up for me many moons ago. The actual LTT trigger is still a tad smoother.

If it gives more reliable ignition than the 13# spring alone (and it's supposed to) I'll be a VERY happy camper.
View Quote
Good to hear.

Not sure I'll be going lower than 16lbs on my hammer spring, since mine is my carry gun, but if it smooths and lightens things up I'll be a happy camper.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the kit today. Boy were the last few hours a crapfest, though not really the fault of the kit.

First I got out my new Vertec, only to find that the hammer wasn't falling all the way. I took it apart to find that the hammer spring was compressed and stuck on the hammer strut. I finally got it off and found that the strut was oversize, so much so that none of my many Beretta hammer springs fit it without binding up. Major bummer. Sent an email off to Beretta, then I took the hammer strut off my M9A1 so I could fit the trigger bar to the Vertec.

Now, the kind of fitting that the bar required is beyond what I've done before. I took my time, and attempted to follow the (rather useless) instructions on Wilson's website. About 2 hours of careful filing and assembling, then filing some more, then assembling, ad nauseum. I ended up with a pretty kick-ass single-action, but had accidentally filed way too much from the hammer support (I thought that that was the correct place to file to fix that issue, since that's what Wilson's website seemed to indicate, but I was just making it worse) and lost the DA almost completely.

The sad thing is, I love the SA pull and the DA pull up until the tip of the break is great (and I can make it work by pulling at a perfect angle, but not repeatably). I'll probably get another one someday but it'll be a while before I can afford to spend that much again. At least next time I'll know how to fit it perfectly. Since the Vertec was DOA, it'll be out of commission anyway until Beretta decides to send a functional hammer strut.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The only thing I messed with was the overtravel stop.
View Quote
Yeah, I went overboard on the fitting. The only thing I should have messed with was a bit of overtravel stop, and the tiniest amount of the hammer support (it was initially just barely unable to engage the DA).  I ended up going to far on the former and began chasing the problem from the wrong fitting surface until I overdid it. It sucks, but it's certainly been a learning experience.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top