Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2015 1:23:48 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a Beretta M98 chambered in 7.65 Parabellum. Price is about half going rate for the few I can find that sold recently. Seems like it would be a neat conversation piece at least. I'd want to shoot it, but not much-wouldn't want to devalue it as a collectable.

Should I FO or not?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe i'm wrong, but I always thought the 98 was chambered in 9x21.

Nevermind, I just researched it a bit and it looks like about 5000 were made in .30 Luger.  That doesn't seem too limited.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds pretty cool to me, if the price is right. Can you convert it to 9mm with a barrel swap if you want to shoot it with more common ammo?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
All depends how much you want to spend for a conversation piece. Something you might consider if you have not already, can you get parts if something breaks. That is the biggest concern I have when purchasing a pistol. Granted, it is nice to have something many do not,but at what cost?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Get it.  The 7.65 Parabellum is a delicious shooter.  I have a Swiss Luger and it is a true joy to shoot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top