Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 10:16:54 PM EDT
Imminently after getting my new 92FS Compact last year, I noticed the trigger was very heavy, even heavier than a standard 92. The DA pull was unpleasant to say the least. First I put in a 18# D spring (I usually put a D spring in all my Beretta 92s anyway), which helped a little but just enough to make it feel like a normal 92 trigger, which is still heavy in DA. So I ordered a 16# trigger from Wilson, which is actually longer than the 18# D spring for some reason. The 16# spring is lighter in my full size 92, but there was no noticeable difference between it and the 18# spring in the compact. I think this is due to the compact's shorter frame (shown below).

So tonight I cut 1/2" off the standard 20# spring and put that in. Finally a decent DA pull and a nice SA pull. It feels very similar to the D spring in my 92A1 now. My compact doesn't serve in any defensive role right now, but I'll take it to the range and put a few boxes of 9mm through it to ensure quality primer strikes. I did notice the slide feels lighter now, so I may go with a heavier recoil spring to off set the lighter trigger spring (as I do with my full size 92s). Note: I'm not a gunsmith, so don't do this without knowing what you're doing. A trigger spring that is too light can cause malfunctions, speed up lock time, and put unnecessary wear on your pistol.

1/2" I cut off a 20# spring on the left, a regular 18# D spring in the middle and a regular 20# spring on the right:

The 92fs Compact has a shorter frame than the full sized 92, which compresses the trigger spring and gives you a heavier trigger pull:
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Hows the reliability been?

They use the same mainspring but a different lanyard cap to account for the size difference if the frame.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hows the reliability been?

They use the same mainspring but a different lanyard cap to account for the size difference if the frame.
View Quote

You're correct, the lanyard cap on the compact is shorter, 28.86mm vs 38mm.

I shot 50 rounds with the cut spring and didn't have any reliability issues. The cut spring is 53.57mm.

Some hammer spring lengths that I took:
20lb standard spring: 65.73mm
18lb D spring: 58.68mm
16lb Wilson spring: 63mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top