Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2015 8:23:02 PM EDT
I recently aquired a 92fs a month or so ago and have put a 100 rounds or so through it. I am a member of the Issac Walton League which has USPSA matches once a month as well as fun shoots. I was given the opportunity to train with a national USPSA champion Grand Master and while I could have used my M&P .40, I chose my Beretta instead. I have installed the D spring, Elite II hammer, and polished some of the critical areas. The results were awesome, and I felt pretty confident taking the 92 to the range.
Thursday was the first session and I couldn't believe how the Beretta performed. Almost all shots including the double action shots were in the A zone. Close range as well as 15-20 yards out. I still have a lot to learn from this gentlemen but so far the Beretta compliments me well. The other guys were shooting STI Eagles, 1911's, Glocks or M&P's. I felt kind of weird showing up with the da/sa and realy didn't know what to expect. I was very happy to see how accurate I was able to shoot as well as how fast I could hit the A zone.
Looking forward to the next session and shooting the Beretta some more.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear that the Beretta is rocking along :)
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the hardest platforms to shoot well.If you can do it kudos.Just know, uspsa is easier with other pistols.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I recently aquired a 92fs a month or so ago and have put a 100 rounds or so through it. I am a member of the Issac Walton League which has USPSA matches once a month as well as fun shoots. I was given the opportunity to train with a national USPSA champion Grand Master and while I could have used my M&P .40, I chose my Beretta instead. I have installed the D spring, Elite II hammer, and polished some of the critical areas. The results were awesome, and I felt pretty confident taking the 92 to the range.
Thursday was the first session and I couldn't believe how the Beretta performed. Almost all shots including the double action shots were in the A zone. Close range as well as 15-20 yards out. I still have a lot to learn from this gentlemen but so far the Beretta compliments me well. The other guys were shooting STI Eagles, 1911's, Glocks or M&P's. I felt kind of weird showing up with the da/sa and realy didn't know what to expect. I was very happy to see how accurate I was able to shoot as well as how fast I could hit the A zone.
Looking forward to the next session and shooting the Beretta some more.
View Quote

Although I can pretty much guarantee I cannot shoot as fast and as smoothly as you probably can coming from a draw, I've also noticed with my 92's I've had a relatively easy time even with the DA getting shots into the A zone at about 25 yards. For comparison purposes, trying to do that over the years with my Glock 17s (or for me, probably ANY polymer framed pistol) has been a challenge and I still struggle with it. Something about the Beretta seems to make it a fairly easy gun (for me) to shoot reasonably well with...maybe in part the weight (maybe). I think they are a good deal more accurate than a lot of people give them credit for.

Good to see you enjoy the pistol and that you are shooting well with it!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the hardest platforms to shoot well.If you can do it kudos.Just know, uspsa is easier with other pistols.
View Quote

There's a lot wrong in that statement.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I used my 92FS for years in USPSA & shot damn well with it. I've also shot steel plate matches with it & done damn well. Were I to need ONE gun to go to war with, it may very well be the one I'd pick. It's 100% reliable & accurate as a laser.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot mine in matches and have done fairly well as well. It isn't my go to fun but I do have a lot of trigger time with it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot mine today and shot almost all alpha hits on every stage. Wasn't fast because this is only my second match, but the M9 is a laser. It was a lot of fun. Was one of the only ones with a da/sa and the only with a beretta.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
If the gun fits, and you can run it well, go for it.

I ran one in Production (Steel Challenge too) and loved it.  Tracked very well for me back on target after each shot, and the grip fits my large hands well too.  This year I do not get to shoot it as my gf is using it.  Fits her pretty darn good too and she is learning fast.  She is used to revolvers, so a bit of learning curve going on..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top