Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:15:21 PM EDT
I just traded into a full size PX4 9mm today and am quite impressed overall with the pistol. I like the grip and the smooth trigger Berettas are known for. I miss my Cougar I had years ago and this is pretty close but better looking. Why do all Berettas feel like they are running on ball bearings? It is such a smooth operating pistol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the PX-4. The full size 9mm model is likely going to be my next Beretta purchase, if I don't give in to my desire to also own a 92 Compact first.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats on the PX-4. The full size 9mm model is likely going to be my next Beretta purchase, if I don't give in to my desire to also own a 92 Compact first.
View Quote

I would grab the compact in case they stop making them.  Beretta makes weird decisions sometimes.  I'm sure the PX4 will drop in price once the new polymer pistol debuts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I took a buddy to the range today and he got to shoot mine and was crazy about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure why they never got much love... I have one of the first ones to make it to the US and it has run like a top from day one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Beretta makes excellent guns, I handled a PX4 before buying my 92A1 and I liked it, especially the looks but it felt top heavy.  Now that I have a 92A1, I'd like to relook at the PX4.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd really like to get some trigger time on one, I think they are pretty neat in concept and generally speaking I like DA/SA pistols better than striker fired. I tried to see if I could rent one at the gun range I visited a while back but generally they are not available for rent around these parts as they are not as popular as Glocks, SIGs, etc. With the smoothness of their contours the PX4s seem like they would probably make a good carry gun (but I obviously can't speak to that because I don't have one to try).

A PX4 G in 9mm seems very appealing to me but again if possible I'd like to get some trigger time first.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a PX4 Compact in 45 ACP and it's my favorite pistol to shoot.  The only problem I've ever had is with some reloads which were slightly too long.  The pistol came with three (I think)  backstraps so I was able to configure it to fit my hands.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Really nice guns. I am on my 3rd fullsize PX4. I sold the prev 2 because I needed $$ for another gun purchase. But, they are good guns. Keep getting another.

Now, I also have a Compact PX4 model too:

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is mine really wish the can would work better but what can you do.  It stays tight for a few shots but then wants to back off.  Just got the burris fastfire and it's like cheating.  Can shoot golf balls with it now.

I love this gun.  Shoot USPDA with it and ran over 1000 rounds before I had issues. I now try to keep it clean but it still runs like a top.  It was my first handgun purchase and I am very pleased.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't understand why they didn't design the thing to use M9 magazines.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-That would have been a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

.40 S&W is the reason. .40 was the hot caliber for police at the time, and the 92/96/M9 magwell is too narrow to give you a decent capacity in .40 relative to the length of the mag.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

.40 S&W is the reason. .40 was the hot caliber for police at the time, and the 92/96/M9 magwell is too narrow to give you a decent capacity in .40 relative to the length of the mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking 9mm to 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you make the 9mm and .40 version with different mag wells you have to use completely different frames which would raise the price of the gun. You have to remember that Beretta's number one market for the gun was government buyers. From a LE agency or military perspective sharing mags with an older design isn't really a selling feature.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've got a PX4 Compact in 45 ACP and it's my favorite pistol to shoot.  The only problem I've ever had is with some reloads which were slightly too long.  The pistol came with three (I think)  backstraps so I was able to configure it to fit my hands.
View Quote

No you don't...

They don't make a PX4 Compact in .45

Only the full size comes in .45
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
cav01c14, what can do you have?
There was a threaded barrel for sale on the EE but th seller told me beretta told him(after he bought it and had trouble with it)that it required the titanium can in order to work correctly. At least he told me!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Got myself a full size 9mm PX4 when Beretta had their $75 rebate going on, local LGS has them on sale as well.

Wife shot it, loved it, and so had to get her the 9mm Compact the next week.

While picking up her PX4, grabbed myself another PX4, this one in 45ACP.

That's 3 PX4 Storms in less than 3 weeks, each one cost less than $390 out the door.

And we are a happy shooting family.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a 8040 that my star model M1 15 round mags will lock up just fine with,you still can.t load more than 11 with.  But any S&W 59 series mags work fine.

You can take your gun with you and see for yourself,the 8040 mags will not work or fit in the star mod m1,

Granted mine is a 40 cal pre  px4 but you might find the series 59 mags will work @ about 39.99 a pop.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got myself a full size 9mm PX4 when Beretta had their $75 rebate going on, local LGS has them on sale as well.

Wife shot it, loved it, and so had to get her the 9mm Compact the next week.

While picking up her PX4, grabbed myself another PX4, this one in 45ACP.

That's 3 PX4 Storms in less than 3 weeks, each one cost less than $390 out the door.

And we are a happy shooting family.
View Quote

Does your dealer ship?  I'd be in on a PX4 9mm Compact immediately...seriously.  PM me if they do.  I need one before the rebate period ends.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No you don't...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you don't...

They one coming soon (Beretta's idea of soon is ???????).
It's on the office price list.

Right off the Beretta USA Authorized 2015 Price List.
PX4 .45 Compact
JXC5F25FC (FC for fired case)

So start waiting patiently.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
cav01c14, what can do you have?
There was a threaded barrel for sale on the EE but th seller told me beretta told him(after he bought it and had trouble with it)that it required the titanium can in order to work correctly. At least he told me!
View Quote

It's a tirant 9 works alright however the rotating barrel messes with the spring in the can.  It seems to want to stay half cocked so to speak. It doesn't really loosen up but it does a weird twisty action if that makes sense. I can shoot a whole mag and it seems to work ok but it does have me worried at times about baffle strikes.  But hey for the 75$ bucks I paid for the barrel already threaded it was worth it to take a shot. The can stays on here most days.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Ordered myself a 9mm Compact today.  $75 mail in rebate FTMFW!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked it up today and according to Beretta's site, my rebate was approved and will ship on 8/3/15.  Yessir.  Not sure about these gigantic batwing safety levers though but the low profile kit is overpriced too.  Hmmm, guess I'll try em out for a while.  I may end up grinding and cold bluing them down slimmer.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No you don't...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you don't...

Your information is dated.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Delete
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here is mine really wish the can would work better but what can you do.  It stays tight for a few shots but then wants to back off.  Just got the burris fastfire and it's like cheating.  Can shoot golf balls with it now.

I love this gun.  Shoot USPDA with it and ran over 1000 rounds before I had issues. I now try to keep it clean but it still runs like a top.  It was my first handgun purchase and I am very pleased.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/cav01c14/ac06c05a394bd9c77e265b1bdb4b5ab3.jpg
View Quote

Sent you email.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Close....

the Cougar was designed as a .40 S&W. But the Beretta Cougar 8040 and the Beretta Model 96FS both have eleven round capacity magazines for the .40 S&W. The difference in magazine design is because of the design of the pistol. The rotating barrel needed a different design for the frame. So the angles of the magazine tube are slightly different.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top