Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they give an anticipated delivery?
View Quote

Roughly mid-October, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool.  Hopefully by the end of Oct there will be plenty of you tube videos of the M9A3 then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess I'm not buying one. Way to much $. It's a shame they priced it like this
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

If you can't pay to play, don't blame everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Feature for feature, I think street price is a hell of a deal compared to where they put the G-SD.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Feature for feature, I think street price is a hell of a deal compared to where they put the G-SD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

For some reason people just cannot grasp the concept
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Well, and it's still less than the suppressor I have going on mine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
$870 for a M9 with better ergos...no thanks.

Don't get me wrong I like the M9, however for that price I can get 2 Glock 19's and I won't have the issue of short locking block life and one of if not the worste strigger return spring designs ever created.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#10]
So you like it but think it's got really badly designed parts.  OK.  Makes sense......  
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This shows me you haven't read the thread, or even the spec sheet on the A3.

Don't get me wrong I like the M9, however for that price I can get 2 Glock 19's and I won't have the issue of short locking block life and one of if not the worste strigger return spring designs ever created.

And this shows me you're just trolling.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I totally get it...I'm just not spending that much $ on a handgun....
Maybe I can buy a used one in a few years

Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

the short locking block life was due to improper maintenance  ...but why let facts get in the way...

did you know that glocks have a locking block that break also...but because of where they are in the gun a lot of people do not know they are broken...

because changing springs is for suckas...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

the short locking block life was due to improper maintenance  ...but why let facts get in the way...

did you know that glocks have a locking block that break also...but because of where they are in the gun a lot of people do not know they are broken...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or install the Wolff captured unit, and eliminate the problem forever.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

To be fair in that comparison...I have seen 1 fail in a gun that was over 20k rds...I have at least 10K through 1 Glock & almost the same in others & have never seen one break.
And when it does break the gun still functions perfectly fine.

Once the Beretta's goes it's done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

To be fair in that comparison...I have seen 1 fail in a gun that was over 20k rds...I have at least 10K through 1 Glock & almost the same in others & have never seen one break.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's why you PM your guns, pre-flight your aircraft, inspect your gas lines, etc etc.  If it could mean your ass, you check it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
• During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
• The Beretta 9mm pistol was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1984 competition which resulted in the award of the M9 contract to Beretta.
• Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single mal function or, at most, with only one malfunction.
• The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
• The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
• During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
• The Beretta 9mm pistol was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1984 competition which resulted in the award of the M9 contract to Beretta.
• Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single mal function or, at most, with only one malfunction.
• The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
• The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ben Stoeger has never broken a Beretta 92 locking block...
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#19]
So it's October and supposedly going to ship this month.......no news yet.

Anyone heard anything? I got one on preorder with Arms Unlimited.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their website now says "Begins Shipping December 1st"
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever man, seriously this wait is ridiculous and I'm not even planning on buying one!
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I ended up buying a used beat up Taurus PT92 so I can get my fix until the M9A3 comes out.  I think the M9A3 will be worth the wait, just sucks having to wait.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Where can one pre order one?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah. I chatted with my dealer today. He too is now being told December first.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like I'll buy a brigadier this year and wait until next year around this time to be told it will be ready for Dec 1 yet again for fuck's sake. Hopefully with a lower price tag. Damn my lust for that damn gun
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm.... $890 is more reasonable than the $950 or 1000 quoted a bit back. Anyone know if there are dealers/distributors with mil/LEO individual discount on these?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because the smaller frame makes it more approachable for more shooters, and the add-on grip gives you the same palm swell as an option?  Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, I'd be OK with them going this way for the whole line.

I just put a deposit down on an A3 with a significantly lower final price than MAP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder why they removed the palm swell on the backstrap.  I know it's personal preference, but it's a trend that has disqualified quite a few pistols from my consideration.  They feel like shit without it IMHO.

Because the smaller frame makes it more approachable for more shooters, and the add-on grip gives you the same palm swell as an option?  Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, I'd be OK with them going this way for the whole line.

I just put a deposit down on an A3 with a significantly lower final price than MAP

IMO the palm swell was fine. The Beretta 92FS has a wider grip and that swell makes it more stable in my hands. The vertec profile makes sense on a slim gun like a 1911, but not so much on a Beretta.

I'd prefer a removable backstrap, because the grip option limits you to one piece grips. Can't use grips for a regular 92FS, i.e. aftermarket aluminum/G10.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Where are they?

The price is a bit extreme but I'm willing to sell my officer issued M9 for it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where are they?

The price is a bit extreme but I'm willing to sell my officer issued M9 for it.

View Quote

Last I heard delayed till December now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I want one so bad.....it is starting to hurt sometimes thinking about it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#32]
So close......

I've never waited for any gun but this one. I'm excited to pick one up and take it out. I loved my issued M9 and my personal 92. This will be a great addition.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anybody know what the release is going to look like? Are we going to see the A3 in stores or are they going to be an order off the internet type of thing?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:32:22 AM EDT
[#34]
So is this a 'pre orders might ship in December and then everyone else can order and wait until march to get it shipped' kind of thing? Or whats the deal when they start to ship/become available?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Now shipping. Hopefully Arms Unlimited gets theirs quickly so I can get my preorder.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Now shipping. Hopefully Arms Unlimited gets theirs quickly so I can get my preorder.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2015/10/Beretta-M9A3-2.jpg
View Quote

Looks pretty sweet...I'll own one...eventually.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting.  Either this or an m9a1
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2015/10/Beretta-M9A3-2.jpg
View Quote

Where was this posted from?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Beretta USA posted this on their facebook 8 hours ago.

"Beretta M9A3 pistol is now shipping to retailers nationwide.
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta-m9a3-handgun-now-shipping/"

Their website lists the MSRP as $1099.00
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3/

I'm a little torn between the M9A3 and the Wilson Combat 92G. I've never held a vertec frame, and never held a Brigadier slide. So each one has an unknown to it... But man, that tab color on the A3 is terrible. I don't live in a desert and that's totally useless to me. I'm also a little miffed with the "next generation military pistol" line they keep throwing around. This isn't the M9 I used in service, and it isn't slated to get used by anyone in the military... pure sales gimmick. It's pretty nice for what it is on its own merits... why play games?

I'm going to hold off on purchasing either one for a while until I can see them in person.

-Cory
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I been waiting for this gun for over a year. I also been following and posting on this thread a lot. I should of pre ordered but I wanted to see what would happen. I checked everywhere today and I could not get one ordered. Most of my LGSs could not even find the gun in their systems. Sad day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#41]
well "James" said tht if I signed up for an email I would be "First to know" about when it started shipping..now 5 million emails later trying to sell me everything Beretta andstill nothing from "James@beretta" on the M9A3
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
well "James" said tht if I signed up for an email I would be "First to know" about when it started shipping..now 5 million emails later trying to sell me everything Beretta andstill nothing from "James@beretta" on the M9A3
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. 99% of the emails were just over priced jackets
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine off Gunbroker a few min ago -

M9A3

ETA: They [Nagel Gun Shop] have more M9A3's in stock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got mine off Gunbroker a few min ago -

M9A3

ETA: They [Nagel Gun Shop] have more M9A3's in stock.
View Quote

I guess this officially makes you the first kid on the block...
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much would it cost to buy a glock 19 then install trijicon night sights and a threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How much would it cost to buy a glock 19 then install trijicon night sights and a threaded barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under $600, but mine was blue label. I'll still take a Beretta.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]
The barrel on the M9A3 is 1/2x28 right?  Also for a silencerco suppressor is the XL piston necessary or will the regular 1/2x28 work?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The barrel on the M9A3 is 1/2x28 right?  Also for a silencerco suppressor is the XL piston necessary or will the regular 1/2x28 work?
View Quote

Correct. I think the M9A3's barrel is extended as well to eliminate the need for an extended piston. I'll let you know Thurs and will put my Osprey on it too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Correct. I think the M9A3's barrel is extended as well to eliminate the need for an extended piston. I'll let you know Thurs and will put my Osprey on it too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright thanks thats good to know.

Does anyone know which parts are cerakoted?  Im guessing the slide and barrel?  If the barrel is cerakoted how fast do you think the cerakote will wear off do to the way the slide operates?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Does anyone know which parts are cerakoted?  Im guessing the slide and barrel?  If the barrel is cerakoted how fast do you think the cerakote will wear off do to the way the slide operates?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slide and barrel are cerakoted. Barrel might wear, but the slide is an open design so I don't see it wearing much on the outside areas that can be seen.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top