Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 3/23/2015 9:48:29 PM EDT
Anyone have an idea on the release date on this? Or maybe a guess? I personally cannot wait....

UPDATE:

Botach email about M9A3 pre-orders....price is $948

https://www.botach.com/beretta-m9a3-9mm-pistol/

$890 street price

https://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=671691

http://www.compactfirearms.com/beretta-m9a3-9mm-fde-4-9-17-1-tb-sfty.html

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Any day now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a specific date, but I have heard that they will be releasing commercial models for civilians and LE during the second quarter of the year. Most likely during the end of the second quarter... my guess is June, but I'm sure most people already know this. The real question is if whether or not you can wait that long!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The HOW MUCH is more interesting to me than the WHEN.  It's not going to be cheap.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The HOW MUCH is more interesting to me than the WHEN.  It's not going to be cheap.
View Quote

The crucial point, as you note, is price. If the street prices on these are too much more than about 750 at most it's going to be a really hard sell I think for most people. How much does a Vertec cost these days?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The crucial point, as you note, is price. If the street prices on these are too much more than about 750 at most it's going to be a really hard sell I think for most people. How much does a Vertec cost these days?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will almost certainly be more than $750. With night sights, a slide that is convertible from "G" to "FS", Cerakote, and the threaded barrel option, I think you are looking at $8-900 at a minimum.

The new Vertec is $750, the Wilson Combat Brig Tac is about $1200, the 92G-SD is about $1100, and the M9A3 doesn't have the Brig slide so maybe subtract $100 or so. I expect the street price for non-threaded right at a grand, and with threaded bbl at about $1100 or so.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I would hope it is not that much, as comparable Sig's and a few other brands can be had for less. I am not saying they won't be, I am just hoping they won't be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to my lgs and tried to look up a price or anything on it. Nothing comes up not even the model.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It will almost certainly be more than $750. With night sights, a slide that is convertible from "G" to "FS", Cerakote, and the threaded barrel option, I think you are looking at $8-900 at a minimum.

The new Vertec is $750, the Wilson Combat Brig Tac is about $1200, the 92G-SD is about $1100, and the M9A3 doesn't have the Brig slide so maybe subtract $100 or so. I expect the street price for non-threaded right at a grand, and with threaded bbl at about $1100 or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beretta stated it wont be more then the m9a1 or 92a1....... so they lied?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beretta said military contract cost would be less than the M9. You and I don't get military contract pricing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Beretta said military contract cost would be less than the M9. You and I don't get military contract pricing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding ding ding! It may be ok for Beretta to sell them on the cheap for the military because it doesn't actually cost much more to make (if any), but if you think the civilian marketed ones will be anywhere under $900 I think that's an unrealistic expectation.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't see it being anywhere close to an M9 in pricing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I was hoping for around $700 range. if it's much more then that I might not be able to inpulse buy it like I been wanting too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was hoping for around $700 range. if it's much more then that I might not be able to inpulse buy it like I been wanting too.
View Quote

Agreed!  I've got an M9A1, not sure if I'm going to shell out $1k plus for the A3.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It better be in the 700 dollar range. Charging a premium for features that are mostly bringing the gun up to par with its competition is ridiculous
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#14]
So it IS supposed to be marketed for sale?  I thought so at first, but I've read a couple of articles in gun magazines where they have added the caveat in the article "The XXX will not be available for civilian purchase" or something like that.

I love my Vertec, and am really looking forward to these being available.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically, the Military price is not that far from buying one in the gun store.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's more than $750 max after the initial hype and hoopla of release, they can keep it, and personally I think it will flop with that pricing. If the thing ain't affordable screw it. A regular 92G would be a better choice at that point in my mind.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]
lol, sorry but you guys are out of your effing minds if you are thinking $700-750.

A 92G-SD is about $1000 dealer price and $1350 MSRP. This is everything that is, plus Vertec, plus tan, plus the new grips, plus nightsights (iirc?), plus convertible from G to S. There is no possible way the 92A3 is under $1350 MSRP. Street, I'd guess $1100-1200 at very best case.

That whole "it should be cheaper than the 92/A1" was if the military decided to cancel the MHS trials, and instead buy all new Berettas. In no way does that mean this will be a cheaper gun than the 92A1 for civilians.

Even still, I'd entertain the comments that maybe it might be under 1k if Beretta were trying to be aggressive (has never happened in civilian context). But $700-750 is just not being at all realistic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol, sorry but you guys are out of your effing minds if you are thinking $700-750.

A 92G-SD is about $1000 dealer price and $1350 MSRP. This is everything that is, plus Vertec, plus tan, plus the new grips, plus nightsights (iirc?), plus convertible from G to S. There is no possible way the 92A3 is under $1350 MSRP. Street, I'd guess $1100-1200 at very best case.

That whole "it should be cheaper than the 92/A1" was if the military decided to cancel the MHS trials, and instead buy all new Berettas. In no way does that mean this will be a cheaper gun than the 92A1 for civilians.

Even still, I'd entertain the comments that maybe it might be under 1k if Beretta were trying to be aggressive (has never happened in civilian context). But $700-750 is just not being at all realistic.
View Quote

The M9A3 doesn't use a brigadier slide like the 92G-SD. I expect initial prices to be high, when everyone has to have one, but after things calm down, I'm hoping they will around $800-$1000.

MSRP on the P226 Combat TB, which is the M9A3's equivalent, is $1,289. Beretta has to beat that IMO.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MSRP on the P226 Combat TB, which is the M9A3's equivalent, is $1,289. Beretta has to beat that IMO.
View Quote

I think it'll be close to that pricing, but have you EVER seen Beretta to price something aggressively?

The only thing they even remotely price where it should be is the Tikka... And that's because I'm fairly certain they have no idea what they have there and it's just an oversight. And that is said still despite raising Tikka costs over the years.

I'd be SHOCKED if it wasn't every bit of $1250 for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think it'll be close to that pricing, but have you EVER seen Beretta to price something aggressively?

The only thing they even remotely price where it should be is the Tikka... And that's because I'm fairly certain they have no idea what they have there and it's just an oversight. And that is said still despite raising Tikka costs over the years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is $1250 I doubt it will sell at all.  There are too many other guns on the market in that price range and they would have a hard time selling to anyone outside their current customer base.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If it is $1250 I doubt it will sell at all.  There are too many other guns on the market in that price range and they would have a hard time selling to anyone outside their current customer base.
View Quote

Beretta sold every Billennium, steel, combat, and stock they made and all of them cost more than that. If they make a limited run of just a few thousand then I think you can count on every M9A3 selling pretty quickly.

Edit: to expand a bit, people seem to be assuming that this is going to be a standard catalog item. Beretta hasn't said that. All they've said is that they're going to sell M9A3s to the public. Remember that the M9A3 uses a unique slide and safety that it doesn't share with any other 92 variant. Beretta probably isn't going to produce both slide designs forever. I think the fate of the M9A3 depends on the Army's search for a new handgun. If the Army decides to replace the M9 entirely, or to stick with the current M9, then the M9A3 will probably be a limited production special edition. If the Army decides to adopt the M9A3 then the new slide design will probably replace the old one on all 92 series production and the M9A3 will be a standard catalog item. Either way I would expect the first run of M9A3s to be limited in number and cost $1200+.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Initially I cannot see it being sold (street prices for $750 or even probably $850. IF they become a standard catalog item (who knows if that will happen)? I think the price will drop down below $800. If not, than yeah it'll be just as much if not more than most of the other limited releases. In which case, as I said they can keep it.

Does the M9A3 have a thick Brig slide? Are the night sights an option or standard? Will the slide come with the necessary parts to switch between safety and decocker only? I could be wrong but a lot of this stuff, maybe even all of it, is subject to change, and could drastically increase pricing.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Are they only planning on selling this thing to the dudes who bought that Centennial Model with the frame lever safety for big, big $$$? I just don't see the point in pricing the thing so high UNLESS it turns out to be a limited release.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Beretta is pricing themselves out of the market with their antiquated pistol.  That said, I would love to own one but wouldn't pay more than $600.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Beretta is pricing themselves out of the market with their antiquated pistol.  That said, I would love to own one but wouldn't pay more than $600.
View Quote

Lol. Don't tell Wilson Combat or Colt.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A 92G-SD is about $1000 dealer price and $1350 MSRP. This is everything that is, plus Vertec, plus tan, plus the new grips, plus nightsights (iirc?), plus convertible from G to S. .
View Quote

G-SDs come with night sights installed.
But, I would be surprised to see the A3 under $1000 street price. Not when baseline 92s are $550-600 now, and if you want a rail or removable front sights ( you know, 1988 tech with the sights ) the price just goes up from there.
But, I bought a G-SD, and I'll probably grab an A3 as well. The easy conversion to G variant has me hooked. I've been gravitating to metal 9 mm's recently, and even with the switch to some plastic components, Beretta has seemingly avoided the issues some other manufacturers have had when keeping their price points down. No brass to face, periods of seemingly non existant QC, etc. They at least have figured out the trick to making a consistent 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sig sells $1000+ variants of the 226, CZ sells $1000+ variants of the CZ 75, Beretta sells $750 92A1s with less features than this. It might be more than you're willing to pay, but it's right in their target market.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I think WHEN the M92 loses the military contract the entire 92 series will drop in price to put them more in line with others.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm confused about how the 92 is overpriced.

The latest version 92a1 goes for $650 with 3 17 round magazines

Comparable Sig 226 goes for $800 with 2 15 round magazines

Glock 17 is $550 with plastic sights and 3 17 round magazines

I think given the all metal construction the Beretta is priced about right. Out of box actions and triggers have always been solid in my experience and the quality of fit and finish is generally excellent.

If the A3 ends up being a limited production gun I see no reason why it wouldn't sell for $1,100+

Look at the Colt USMC pistol. The gun is ugly as sin, has a low magazine capacity, fragile finish, and some minor upgrades over the Colt rail gun and street price of that thing is crazy high.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I just hope the Vertec frame makes a return. I'd love one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Arms unlimited  has it listed as coming  soon.  Priced at 690
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I'll preorder at that price.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm

I hope that's the price! I might buy two!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn straight. We'll have to wait and see though what it really will be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still coming out in May like they said back In January?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Held one at NRA Show. I liked it and would be my first Beretta but much over $800 and I will have to think about it as it is getting into territory of other things I would like to have.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Strange double post?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OH BOY!!! THAT PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I noticed Beretta says the barrel thread is "1/2" X 28 standard thread on extended barrel" Does this mean extended more than normal so you can use a standard piston without hitting the guide rod? Or just extended barrel like all full size 92s?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$690?  I'll have to move some money around or something.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Held one at NRA Show. I liked it and would be my first Beretta but much over $800 and I will have to think about it as it is getting into territory of other things I would like to have.
View Quote

How was the balance on it?  If I put a 92FS slide on my Vertec it feels a bit front heavy to me, and it looks like the M9A3 is a similar setup.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#42]
since this appears to be the unofficial M9A3 thread this is a tag
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Unfortunately my impulsive buying personality wouldn't let me wait for one.  I put a 92 FS on layaway that I found at a decent price.  I expect the street price for the M9A3 will be more than I was willing to spend for a Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Every time someone post here, it shows up at the top of my subscriptions and I keep clicking thinking I'll see "M9A3 released for sale!"

But it's not.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How was the balance on it?  If I put a 92FS slide on my Vertec it feels a bit front heavy to me, and it looks like the M9A3 is a similar setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have always thought berettas pointed right and balanced well.   Same here although I thought the std grip panel feel marginally better
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#46]
OP should really consider changing the title of thread to "Unofficial M9A3 Thread." But anyways, I was planning on waiting for the A3, but I'll probably just end up getting an M9. I have a feeling the cost will be too damn high, and it will only come in the earth tones. Now if I hear that the price is reasonable and they will be releasing a black version... I'll have to hide my money from myself and wait!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
OP should really consider changing the title of thread to "Unofficial M9A3 Thread." But anyways, I was planning on waiting for the A3, but I'll probably just end up getting an M9. I have a feeling the cost will be too damn high, and it will only come in the earth tones. Now if I hear that the price is reasonable and they will be releasing a black version... I'll have to hide my money from myself and wait!
View Quote

Why not get both? It's a gun I like having multiple of. Just like ARs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im in that "broke college student with summer job" financial situation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Credit cards my friend! debt for toys is a good thing!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top