Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2015 10:17:05 PM EDT
I was wondering what everyone thought of these pistols.  I found a place selling them for $400 an excellent condition, mid 80's Berben Corporation model with extra magazine.  I know it is big for a .380 but I am thinking of purchasing one for a range toy and for my wife to keep in our house when I am at work.  Is it worth the money?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Get it, you will love it.
Sweetest shooting .380 ever.

ETA: check the frame where the guide pin runs through for peening. The alloy frame can get to where it prevents the slide from coming off.
This can happen when shooting hot rounds or the recoil spring is shot. (My recoil spring was shot, replaced with a Wolf 15 pounder)
Not a big deal, I found a how to over on the Beretta forums. (Not ArfCom)

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up the pistol today and am quite happy with it.  
Racking the slide is a little tough, I don't think my wife will be able to do it.  I can't wait to hit the range and try it out.
Pretty cool that it had the original receipt in the box.  $349 in 1986.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get three different recoil springs for it from Wolff: STD 14#, 15# and 16# for hotter ammo.
Don't shoot +ammo without a heavier spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top