Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 8:08:19 PM EDT
What an excellent CCW is the Pico. I had sold my LCP because it was painful to shoot even though it was perfectly reliable. I sold my Keltec P32 because it was so plasticky even though it never malfunctioned. I sold my Beretta Nano because it had FTFs and FTEs even after 900 rounds, and dealing with malfunctions without a slide stop is awkward and could get you killed. So for diminutive pistols I was down to a North American Arms Pug in .22 magnum, a Glock 42 and a Ruger LCR in 9mm. I kept feeling regret for ditching the LCP and the P32 because they are such a perfect compromise between size, weight and effectiveness. So I bought a Pico.

I took the Pico to the range today for the first time. The Pico is wonderful! I read online reviews. Some that said it was pleasant to shoot and one that said it was unpleasant. I learned today that it is much more pleasant to shoot than the LCP. The recoil is more than a P32 but less than a Glock 42. I found complaints that it is difficult to rack the slide. I guess it would be for some people. I found complaints about a heavy trigger pull. The trigger is 8 pounds. I don't want a hair trigger on a CCW. It has real sights and it locks back after the last round.  

I fired 450 rounds through the Pico today. The first 150 rounds of break in produced multiple failures to eject. It didn't matter whether I was using DoubleTap, American Eagle, Aguila or Blazer. I chalked it up to teething problems and remained patient. When I had used up the 150 rounds that I brought, I said to myself, "Until it fires 300 rounds without malfunctions, I cannot carry it." So I left the range and went in search of ammo. The first two places had no .380. The third place had piles of .380. I bought 900 rounds of PMC Bronze and went back to the range and applied fresh lube to the action. Then I fired 300 rounds with zero malfunctions. Keeper.

Beretta responded to my inquiry about the availability of the .32acp drop-in barrel and said it might be at the end of 2015.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
How does it compare in size and weight to the LCP?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does it compare in size and weight to the LCP?
View Quote

LCP length is 5.16". Pico is 5.1".
LCP height is 3.6". Pico is 4".
LCP weight unloaded is 9.4oz. Pico is 11.5oz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Great review thanks.
How wide is it and how about accuracy?
I am in snake country.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great review thanks.
How wide is it and how about accuracy?
I am in snake country.
View Quote

18.5mm (0.7") thick.

Accuracy is acceptable for a 2.7-inch barrel once you learn the eight-pound trigger pull.

I asked Beretta when the .32acp drop-in barrel will be available and they replied: "Not until late 2015 at the earliest sir."
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Fired another 100 rounds today. Double Tap ammo. Pico performed without any failures. So comfortable to fire. Glad I got rid of the LCP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the report LGS just got one in for $369 I'm about to go buy
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not used to the paddle-type magazine release.  Is it easy to get used to?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not used to the paddle-type magazine release.  Is it easy to get used to?
View Quote

It still seems weird but I am practicing it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!

Post up a photo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top