Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 4:11:37 PM EDT
Just picked up this beauty, and only traded a Glock 19 for it. No original case unfortunately, but I love it already. Looking for some more information on these Vertecs. Basic history (read the sticky). Were they offered with a threaded barrel? Are these grips the original? How rare are these? Also, looking for suggestions for a stainless steel guide rod, and larger mag release button? I'm a lefty, so I need all the help I can get.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up this beauty, and only traded a Glock 19 for it. No original case unfortunately, but I love it already. Looking for some more information on these Vertecs. Basic history (read the sticky). Were they offered with a threaded barrel? Are these grips the original? How rare are these? Also, looking for suggestions for a stainless steel guide rod, and larger mag release button? I'm a lefty, so I need all the help I can get.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2n88z1v.jpg
View Quote

It didn't come from the factory with the threaded barrel.  It may be a factory barrel that some one threaded later.

You know the mag release is reversible, right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You just missed the blackfriday (25%) and cybermonday (50%) off sales.  Would have been a great chance for you pick up some of the parts you want.

I picked up a few elite hammers to add to my 92FS and 96FS Vertec.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Those grips are stock.  Beretta introduced the Vertec line some time ago, trying to mimic the 1911 frame angle IIRC, and it also fits smaller hands without the huge hump on the back.  As already posted, it did NOT come from Beretta with the threaded barrel, but without more pics it's hard to tell if someone just threaded the stock barrel, or if you have an after market barrel.  My Vertec (and most I've seen) didn't have the barrel that sticks out the end of the slide, it's a flush fit as opposed to a regular 92 barrel, so most likely someone traded for a Beretta 92 regular barrel and threaded that.

Great shooters, and my Vertec 92G is one of my favorite 9mm's.  I'd like to pick up a 92FS Vertec as well, but haven't been able to find one in a good price range.  Wilson Combat has parts for Beretta's, and I think they have a mag release you would like.  As far as a guide rod, any Beretta guide rod you can get your hands on will work.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Oversize-Checkered-Steel-Magazine-Release-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/678/
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's another pic of the barrel. I don't see any aftermarket-name markings on it. Not like my KKM Glock barrel anyways. It does say "stainless" on it.

Also, thanks for the tip about the mag release being reversible! That's great news. Just downloaded the user manual from the Beretta site, so I'll get that crossed off my list tonight. I looked at one oversized mag release from Wilson, but it only fits on the left side of the gun (for a RH shooter). Hopefully I can find an extended one anyways that will work on the other side. Also looking for grips that fit, since the normal 92FS ones don't work.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a Beretta factory barrel.

What don't you like about the grips that are on it?  I know there are some wood ones, and I think some Hogue and G10 style grips out there, but IIRC they are a bit on the pricey side because since Beretta stopped making the Vertec there just isn't going to be the market so they stopped making them.

Here's a guide rod http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=456414649

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet, so I can't really say if I like the grips or not. So far, they feel good, but I like looking at aftermarket stuff which is why I asked. I have Hogue grips on my S&W 5906 which I love, so that'd be cool to find some for the Vertec at some point. Also can't seem to find a single-lever conversion for left-handed shooters. Oh well. Not really necessary; I don't think I'll be trying to conceal this anytime soon. Thanks for the link to the guide rod. The (factory) one that came in this pistol feels super flimsy. It's held up since 2003 so I'm sure it's fine though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If Beretta would make that gun with a stainless Brigadier  "G" model slide I would buy it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a thread on another forum where the owner had his slide and barrel sent off for nickel boron coating. It looked damn good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Beretta would make that gun with a stainless Brigadier  "G" model slide I would buy it tomorrow.
View Quote

You wouldn't be the only one, and I'd probably risk going into minor debt to purchase one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#10]
There is virtually no aftermarket grips for a Vertec. There is a guy on eGay that sells reproduction grips in different colors. There are some 'custom' grips out there that cut-down from standard grips. By the way, the Vertec uses short grip screws, so if you go custom, you may have to change out the screws.

The plastic guide rod is fine. I do not put steel guide rods in Vertecs as they are already nose-heavy.

The barrel is weird. The 'stainless' marking indicates that it is factory Vertec, but is too long for factory Vertec. I don't what it is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I found a Centurian 96 (.40 cal) slide and barrel for mine.  Completely interchangeable.  Also have a Beretta .22 practice kit, so with one frame I have three calibers availale.

I did find some walnut aftermarket grips but that was some time ago and they may not be readily available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top