Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 2:08:23 PM EDT
I just got a new to me px4(to match my px4storm rifle, and it was cheap)and I got thinking maybe I should investimagate the 92 as well.

I took some time off and went to spring guns and ammo(great place and people)and rented one. I will be doggone if I didn't shoot better with the 92. Afterwards I told myself I should have shot my own gun first but now I'm thinking about getting one.

From what I've read they are kind of like glocks in that if I get a 96 I will be able to put in a 92 barrel and a few other parts and shoot some 9mm.
That and I saw a pic somewhere of a black 92 or 96 with an inox barrel and it looked so fine I could barely stand it.

Any ideas or places to look for a 96 for a reasonable price.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They're doing a small run of 92Gs right now.

I had a 96 and it didn't shoot that great.  40 just sucks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. Thanks for the info.
I love my 40s and shoot well with my xdms.
A friend of a friend had one and it was a tack driver but iwill take your remarks under advisement.

Can you tell me what makes the 92gs so good?
Not being wise, I'm just new to beretta, even though I briefly owned an italian 92 compact.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow. Thanks for the info.
I love my 40s and shoot well with my xdms.
A friend of a friend had one and it was a tack driver but iwill take your remarks under advisement.

Can you tell me what makes the 92gs so good?
Not being wise, I'm just new to beretta, even though I briefly owned an italian 92 compact.
View Quote

The G is the de-cocker only model. No safety to accidentally engage when racking the slide. Even if you happen to de-cock the pistol it is still ready to fire in double action mode.

I believe that you need an entire slide assembly to convert a 92 pistol to .40 because the breach face of the Beretta 96 is different.

In my opinion the Beretta really isn't up for the higher pressures of the .40. If you are looking for a Beretta in a .40 chambering check out the 96A1. It was specifically built to handle the higher pressures and features a beefed up slide and recoil buffer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked at the Px4 before I got my 92A1 and I loved the look but the Px4 just seemed top heavy.  It just didn't feel right, I'd like to shoot one sometime though.  After buying my 92A1 I went to the range and I was amazed how well it shot.  It pointed perfectly and was hitting tight groups like guns I've owned for years, I fell in love immediately with it.  Sure they have big grips but I put a Hogue wrap around grip on mine and while it made it a little bigger, it also made it a lot easier to hold, and I don't care if it's got a fat grip if it shoots this good.

If you liked it and you shot it well, go for it, I love mine!

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered one(frankengun, m9/92g)and it shipped yesterday.

Now I'm trying to decide between a 96 and a 92 compact!

Thanks Brandi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top