Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
I just picked up a lightly used 96d from a friend. Has Hogue grips that I hate and will change soon if I can find good replacements. Anyone have any experience with these pistols? It was made around 2000 and has a silver colored barrel. Is that the stock barrel or aftermarket?

Any grips you guys prefer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 96D Centurion that I've owned for about 5 years now. Mine was very well used when I got it. All I did to it was clean it and replace the recoil spring. She runs like a champ and is smooth as silk. I did pick up a stainless 9mm barrel for $45 at CDNN and sometimes shoot 9mm out of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 96D Centurion that I've owned for about 5 years now. Mine was very well used when I got it. All I did to it was clean it and replace the recoil spring. She runs like a champ and is smooth as silk. I did pick up a stainless 9mm barrel for $45 at CDNN and sometimes shoot 9mm out of it.
View Quote

So all I need to do is swap the barrel to convert to 9mm?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking yes but you will need a 9mm mag, maybe something else.
This would be a range toy only, in my mind.
My. 02
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]
all you need is a 9mm mag and barrel I have a 96 fs that I drop a 9mm barrel in and use in uspsa 3 gun competitions with no problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top