Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2014 11:39:54 AM EDT
http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp#.UynyLc7LLqM

Would you upgrade?
Why mess with a great running gun.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Making a good gun great.

Brigadier slides, or at least standard slides with a dovetail front sight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
more sight options is always a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I clicked the link expecting a yawn, but then I realized that Wilson has teamed up with Ernest Langdon. Ernest Langdon used to operate a company named LTT back in the early 2000's. He specialized in customizing Beretta 9x pistols. He built up my Elite II 9mm back around 2001. Its a weapon that I'll never sell. It's boringly reliable and more accurate than I'll ever shoot.

LTT gave my Elite II a bevel job carry package. Dehorned the decocker. Undercut the trigger guard. Installed a 4.7" gunsmith fit Bar-sto barrel. Spurless hammer. Trigger work with an overtravel stop. Mercury filled guide rod. Novak night sights. The frame was then refinished in Teflon -S.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I clicked the link expecting a yawn, but then I realized that Wilson has teamed up with Ernest Langdon. Ernest Langdon used to operate a company named LTT back in the early 2000's. He specialized in customizing Beretta 9x pistols. He built up my Elite II 9mm back around 2001. Its a weapon that I'll never sell. It's boringly reliable and more accurate than I'll ever shoot.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3551/3428772334_153cf10b15_o.jpg

LTT gave my Elite II a bevel job carry package. Dehorned the decocker. Undercut the trigger guard. Installed a 4.7" gunsmith fit Bar-sto barrel. Spurless hammer. Trigger work with an overtravel stop. Mercury filled guide rod. Novak night sights. The frame was then refinished in Teflon -S.
View Quote
More pictures please.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very nice Beretta, sir. I wish Beretta would resume manufacture of these particular models.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish Beretta would produce that slide again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Would you upgrade?

View Quote

I agree.  

I've got a great deal of respect for WC and have done a lot of business with them but my first Beretta 92F was purchased in 1989 and still runs like a Swiss watch.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Would you upgrade?

View Quote

You can say the same thing about any other firearm with a solid reputation of running great right out of the box.

Why upgrade it?

The better question is, why not?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Wilson Combat:
[BER-637] Convert 92/96 FS to G Configuration De-Cocker Only, Includes Left Side Steel De-Cock Lever $150
View Quote

I'm still kicking myself on missing the boatload of 92Gs and 96G police trade-ins. This does require consideration. Daddy like.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very Nice -  I will be picking up a Beretta INOX soon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#11]
What does the mercury filled guide-rod do?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What does the mercury filled guide-rod do?
View Quote

Harrts Recoil Rods had mercury and steel balls in the sealed hollow recoil rod to reduce recoil. As to their effectiveness, I cannot say, as I never bought his product. The founder/owner died of cancer in the late 90's.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice. I wish Beretta would bring back the Elite series.

Here's mine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]
My 92A1 is just one of those guns that felt right, out of the box.  The grip wasn't good for me so I swapped them for a Hogue wrap around grip which is bigger but makes it sooooo much better to grip well.  I never considered ever having it modified or tweaked in any way but after seeing what WC does to guns I'm really thinking I might just have to have them do their thing and make it even better.  It's not in the budget for now but hopefully I'll have some extra money sometime in the near or semi-near or at least before I croak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top