Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 8:55:34 AM EDT
So I recently picked up a new p229 railed "legacy" model and here is where things get strange. Now I know the difference between the 229 and 229-1 magazines. But this particular pistol came with 13rd MecGar mags not the standard 15rd. I've never seen 13rd'ers for the new model p229's.

Does anyone know if the legacy model uses 229 or 229-1 mags? I was able to use an 18rd p226 mag and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The 13rd mags were the original ones. 229 mags for it, not the -1's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
So know the difference between the regular and the 229-1, what are the shape of the mags your gun came with?

If it came with non-229-1 mags then it doesn't take them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So know the difference between the regular and the 229-1, what are the shape of the mags your gun came with?

If it came with non-229-1 mags then it doesn't take them.
View Quote
It definitely looks like the old design, not tapered at the top like 229-1 mags. But was unsure if it was just some funky design I had not seen. I've read that they switched to 229-1 in all the railed models around 2009ish and this one was made about 4 months ago so that just added to the confusion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top