BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/14/2017 7:56:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for condensing these Brother.

Registered 4 of my 5 today (1 FDE FS is an APP gun). Very easy to do and the Plan of action seems reasonable to me considering the volume. I for one, am happy to see the response from SIG.
cp
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for condensing these Brother.

Registered 4 of my 5 today (1 FDE FS is an APP gun). Very easy to do and the Plan of action seems reasonable to me considering the volume. I for one, am happy to see the response from SIG.
cp
View Quote
Any email response yet?

Heck I would have thought the system would have at least generated an auto response to let you know the gun's serial number had been received and was being processed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

back at ya
I just registered my 320 Carry, quick and easy. I am wondering though, what this upgrade will do to our trigger pull..
View Quote
That's my fear too if I send in my X5. I love the X5 trigger. Maybe the thing to do is wait for reports from those who send their guns in early. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully the turn around time is quick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I will do mine tomorrow, best to get it done and keep it up to date. I figure it's like a dang computer, always getting upgrades, etc, no biggie I guess.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I received the site response on all of them but the APP one of which they don't have that form up yet on the site. The site said it would be a couple more days before they got it up for APP program guns. No problem.
My understanding was that an email would be sent when they are ready for you to ship the pistol. I would think, (and this is just me, thinking out loud as to how I might handle this kind of volumne) because they are sending and email with further instructions, it will probably include a shipping label because Sig has stated they are paying for shipping both ways. The easiest way IMHO would be to respond to each email in kind and add the shipping label to that email. I couldn't imagine them trying to refund shipping costs to each person.

Like I said, just my guess here but I would be willing to bet that's how they will handle it.
cp
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a clue on what the upgrade is? Hope its not some gritty 8lb. trigger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The upgrade details are in the FAQ'son the website and they say it will not change the feel of the trigger . I am weighting all of mine before sending and upon return. I will post results here.
forgot to mention that in response to crowboy
chuck
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone have a clue on what the upgrade is? Hope its not some gritty 8lb. trigger.
View Quote
According to the Sig website:

"The new design has a physically lighter trigger, sear, and striker assembly with the addition of a mechanical disconnector."
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I got mine registered this morning when the link first went hot. Then the link went dead so I re-registered mine again for the recall. I expected it to tell me that it was already setup but it did not. So mine was entered twice. Hopefully they'll be able to get this going in a quick manner. I was hoping to be able to start shooting some IDPA/USPSA with my pistol after I get my cast off my foot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's my fear too if I send in my X5. I love the X5 trigger. Maybe the thing to do is wait for reports from those who send their guns in early. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

back at ya
I just registered my 320 Carry, quick and easy. I am wondering though, what this upgrade will do to our trigger pull..
I thought the X5 was not affected? Guess I need to go read up. Waiting to see how people feel after receiving their guns back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I thought the X5 was not affected? Guess I need to go read up. Waiting to see how people feel after receiving their guns back.
View Quote
from the SIG FAQ:
Will this affect the X-series P320’s?
Yes. However, the X-series flat trigger will not be replaced.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

from the SIG site

What is the turnaround time to receive my upgraded P320?
For the US Commercial market, once you contact SIG SAUER and register for the process, you will receive an email from us at a later date with a shipping label and instructions as to when you may return your P320. This may take several weeks, as we will need time to prepare for this program. Once your P320 is received at SIG SAUER, turnaround time will be approximately 4-6 weeks. This lengthy process is due to the high volume of pistols in the marketplace. Transit times may vary depending on your geographic location and receipt of your returned pistol.
View Quote
Like I said, hopefully the turn around is quick. There are a lot of moving parts to this "upgrade". Their CS is going to get hit because even though they say they will contact the customer when it is time to ship, you know there will be hundreds of doofuses calling everyday asking when do they ship their guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#19]
So, are they shipping it back to me directly, or do I have to accept it via FFL and pay for FFL fees once it comes back? I know a manufacturer can ship firearms directly to owners if serial is unchanged. Wonder if that is the case here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
also have to wonder what this issue will do to our 320's resale value...
View Quote
The only thing I can think of would be compatibility issues with parts on the market. As I understand it the slide and frame needs to be modified as well. That means there will be slides and frames in the wild and still in stock in retail that will not be compatible with post upgraded guns. Since this upgrade is voluntary that means there will be pre and post upgrade parts for sale. I'm not sure how many SKUs there are already for the P320 but now Sig just added a whole lot more of them. Things might get confusing in regards to what parts work with the upgrade and what parts don't in the used P320 market so that might have some impact. I suspect it will be a little like Gen 1 and Gen 2 MPXs and compatibility.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, are they shipping it back to me directly, or do I have to accept it via FFL and pay for FFL fees once it comes back? I know a manufacturer can ship firearms directly to owners if serial is unchanged. Wonder if that is the case here.
View Quote
I'm not sure about some other states but in our state it will leave from and go back to your house directly. The serial number shouldn't be changed but even if it did need to be Sig would just "destroy", your old serial and reissue you a new serial.

Glock did the same thing for me a couple of years ago with a pistol I brought them with a cracked frame. They did it right there in Smyrna. They came out and said I needed a new frame, they gave me the option of waiting a few weeks to get a new frame with my current serial number that matched the slide and barrel or I could get a new frame that day but the serial wouldn't match. Since this was a police trade in truck gun I didn't care and got the frame with a different serial. I fully expected to fill out a 4473 again but they said it wasn't needed, they said they just mark my old serial destroyed and reissued. Said it was common practice.

I think the issue is dependent on if a persons state requires registration or not. GA doesn't so it is a non issue here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The only thing I can think of would be compatibility issues with parts on the market. As I understand it the slide and frame needs to be modified as well. That means there will be slides and frames in the wild and still in stock in retail that will not be compatible with post upgraded guns. Since this upgrade is voluntary that means there will be pre and post upgrade parts for sale. I'm not sure how many SKUs there are already for the P320 but now Sig just added a whole lot more of them. Things might get confusing in regards to what parts work with the upgrade and what parts don't in the used P320 market so that might have some impact. I suspect it will be a little like Gen 1 and Gen 2 MPXs and compatibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
also have to wonder what this issue will do to our 320's resale value...
CB: I wouldnt think the resale value would be affected in the "long term" after this has blown over. However a lot of that depends on the end result. JMHO though.

CF: Lets be careful, we don't want to get rumors going, according SIG's website FAQ's there is no mention of Frame or Slide modification outside of the slide needing the "disconnector cut". Still an internal part.
If you have additional info, please post it here.

cp
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like I said, hopefully the turn around is quick. There are a lot of moving parts to this "upgrade". Their CS is going to get hit because even though they say they will contact the customer when it is time to ship, you know there will be hundreds of doofuses calling everyday asking when do they ship their guns.
View Quote
Big +1 Here! There is NO such thing as patience on the internet for sure. To read many of these threads on here and other boards, some get so passionate about this issue that I think the only resolution they would accept from SIG would be for a personal SIG Armorer to be sent to their home to make the repairs in person or to send them a voucher for a Glock.....

I have to give a company like SIG the benefit of the doubt. This is a mechanical issue that can, and is being fixed. It truly appears that they (SIG) are taking the steps to manage this upgrade in a way that is as painless as possible to the consumer. Again..... we will see how it pans out.

BTW took the kids shooting this last weekend and shot 3 of my SIG's. #1 they did not explode, #2 no one dropped one (especially at a -30 degree angle) I jest of course.

cp
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Got mine registered last night. Wouldn't have minded a confirmation email but whatever.

Here's to making a good gun better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Hated to do it..... but I called CS today because I have a couple Extra FCU's lying around, One I am selling on the EE right now.

I asked about sending them in for just the trigger upgrades to it. My intent was to buy a new slide kit with updates when they hit the street.

The CS Rep assured me this will be possible in the future, but for the initial upgrade they are focusing only on complete firearms and slide kits. They will not be accepting just FCU's at this time for upgrade. Once the dust settles they will be happy to accept them. No time frame obviously because they are still focused on the the initial stages of this upgrade.  

Doesn't bother me on the extra one I have, Ill just buy a slide for it and send as complete gun. But if you are someone who was wanting an FCU for your slide, you should get one and send as a complete gun or same if you have an FCU lying around. It will get done quicker.

ALSO correction for my above post: They are milling the slide for a new/ redesigned disconnector. Straight from the CS Rep.

Hope this helps someone.
cp
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to register mine last night but it turns out mine was originally an APP gun so I'll have to wait a few days. I'll keep checking this thread looking for a link when they open up for the APP guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like quite a few LE guns out there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Just received via email:

As you may have heard, last week SIG SAUER® published a press release concerning the P320. They noted “dropping the P320 beyond U.S. standards for safety may cause an unintentional discharge.” We independently evaluated the information, and there is some merit to claims that some P320s may unintentionally discharge after being dropped at a specific angle.

Our records indicate you have purchased either a straight or curved version of our Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger (PELT) for the P320.

Stock P320s with our trigger installed may still unintentionally discharge if dropped at an angle not tested as part of the accepted standards as defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / Sporting Arms Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute, Inc. (SAAMI®), or National Institute of Justice (NIJ).

On Monday, SIG SAUER announced details about their voluntary upgrade program. The program includes installation of an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector.

Grayguns suggests you send your P320 to SIG SAUER for the voluntary upgrade.

Prior to sending the gun, remove your Grayguns trigger and include the stock trigger in the package sent to SIG SAUER. Retain your Grayguns trigger.

Our team - in consultation with our engineering partners at SIG SAUER - is working to develop an alternative design that will be compatible with your upgraded P320 and provide you with the same value you received from Grayguns when you made your original purchase of the PELT. As this process will take some time to research, develop, and test, we thank you in advance for your patience.

Remember, consequences for the handling or misuse of any firearm are the operator’s sole responsibility. Safe gun handling practices should be practiced at all times. Never rely upon any mechanical device for your safety.

Details concerning the SIG SAUER P320 voluntary upgrade program are available online.

If you have any questions, you can contact Grayguns via email.

Regards,

Bruce Gray
President, Grayguns
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Reserving my spot..........
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
They will ship it back to you unless your state has a law against it. I know in NC the gun will come back to me and not a FFL
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you crowboy for this thread

I just submitted 1 of the 2 compacts I own for this upgrade. ( Testing the waters if you will )

In all my years I've never had to send a firearm back to the Mfg. *

* Is for possible stupid questions I may ask here during this process.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Signed up and waiting for the e-mails.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine was already registered due to another issue. Got the email this evening.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
The email to send it in?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The email to send it in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The email to send it in?
I think he's referring to the email that says to wait. I got one too. 
Lit was more or less a general info email, not the one with shipping label and instructions 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Registered mine the other night, see how long it takes to receive email and then get it back. Like to get it done soon and continue running it for a bit.

The big question I have is if the video's didn't surface, at what point would we have known about it? Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't SIG change the parts in recent production?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Registered mine the other night, see how long it takes to receive email and then get it back. Like to get it done soon and continue running it for a bit.

The big question I have is if the video's didn't surface, at what point would we have known about it? Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't SIG change the parts in recent production?
View Quote
I am not saying you are wrong, but SIG already had a few upgrades to the 320 series like the slide lock and some subtle changes internally that would be considered "Generational" upgrades. I believe the upgrades in the M17 and M18 series pistols would be considered "5th Generation", maybe? The fact this issue was discovered while good info for the consumer from a safety standpoint, I believe future generations of the pistol would have had the newer parts anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad the issue was discovered and that SIG is taking responsibility and is stepping up to fix the problem, as they should mind you.
I just hate the rush to condemn a company before they even have a chance to react. We will see how it all works out for the consumer.
cp
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Soon as they allow Mil/LE access ill send it in.

ETA what part of the slide will be messed with?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Soon as they allow Mil/LE access ill send it in.

ETA what part of the slide will be messed with?
View Quote
I believe a small recess has to be cut for a new disconnector, but i am not 100% sure.
cp
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I believe a small recess has to be cut for a new disconnector, but i am not 100% sure.
cp
View Quote
Wonder if they are going to have to refinish the slide after milling?

ETA
I heard early on in this process they were considering replacing the slide all together. 
Dont know how true that is or if they decided not to, or if it's still being considered. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Just a link to submit a request.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I spoke to the LE rep this morning.  They are milling the slide.  Look around Sept. 15 to start..  they are gearing up now.  90 day turn around is their targeted round trip.  They will test and evaluate.  Hopefully  the trigger pull weight will not change.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I spoke to the LE rep this morning.  They are milling the slide.  Look around Sept. 15 to start..  they are gearing up now.  90 day turn around is their targeted round trip.  They will test and evaluate.  Hopefully  the trigger pull weight will not change.
View Quote
3 month round trip? They having Springfield armory handle this for them? That's a long time to wait. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I was able to register 2 of my 320s.  My 3rd, I bought used and it seems to have originally been purchased through their Individual Officer Program for law enforcement.  The site wouldn't let me register it for the upgrade.  The FAQ implies there will be something at a later date for pistols purchased through this program.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am not saying you are wrong, but SIG already had a few upgrades to the 320 series like the slide lock and some subtle changes internally that would be considered "Generational" upgrades. I believe the upgrades in the M17 and M18 series pistols would be considered "5th Generation", maybe? The fact this issue was discovered while good info for the consumer from a safety standpoint, I believe future generations of the pistol would have had the newer parts anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad the issue was discovered and that SIG is taking responsibility and is stepping up to fix the problem, as they should mind you.
I just hate the rush to condemn a company before they even have a chance to react. We will see how it all works out for the consumer.
cp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cp
I wonder if they will upgrade previous generational items like the slide lock and the grip frame while they're working on it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

90 day turnaround is way to long IMO  
View Quote
agreed.

Springfield did the same thing with the XDs.. It took 3 months for me to get it back and when I did get it back, the trigger was messed up
I sold it the next day
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

90 day turnaround is way to long IMO  
View Quote
Way way way to long.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hmmm, interesting because the website has always said 4-6 weeks turn around. I wonder if that is the APP/LEO side only or if he is being extra cautious/ liberal on the time frame???

Quoted:
I wonder if they will upgrade previous generational items like the slide lock and the grip frame while they're working on it.
Would be a great way to keep the customer happy huh?

Quoted:
Wonder if they are going to have to refinish the slide after milling?

ETA
I heard early on in this process they were considering replacing the slide all together. 
Dont know how true that is or if they decided not to, or if it's still being considered. 
I was wondering the same thing...... Would they refinish the area milled? or would they swap out slides and send it back.  It would be so much faster to just replace slides but the cost would probably be too much. Maybe? I could see it both ways. They could swap them out and then rework the slides as they can and refinish as a whole and resell them as parts kits/ caliber X kits.
chuck
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top