Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 10:37:55 PM EDT
I recently purchased an ex-police P220 and was looking for inexpensive mags (factory).  I found that Armscor makes mags that fit the P220.  Why?

Rob
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have sat here trying to understand your question... and not being the GD at a loss for something that does not sound sarcastic.

Maybe they saw a market and produced them for that.

Kinda like asking why Magpul has Glock magazines... people will buy them.

In all seriousness... am I not understanding your question?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a serious question.  Do they, or did they ever make a gun that uses them?  If not, it seems odd to me for one gun maker to make magazines for another maker's guns.  Heck, I don't think they make the magazines for most of their OWN guns (Metalform, I think, makes many of them).

It isn't like the Magpul/Glock situation at all.  It is more like if Ruger started making magazines for the Beretta 92.  Ruger makes 1911 magazines, but that makes sense because they make 1911 pistols.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I expect the SIG 220 mag, also being a single stack .45" ACP mag, is similar enough to the 1911 mag they figured why not.  There also might be some SIG 220s in Philippine service, so that might be the reason.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#4]
"TAKE A LOOK AT A PIECE OF HISTORY

MEC-GAR is a privately held family-run business that was founded by Mr. Edoardo Racheli in 1965 whose sole focus is the manufacture of firearm magazines.

Family pride, hard work and dedication along with modern equipment and proprietary manufacturing techniques are incorporated into the formula that has made the great success story of MEC-GAR today.

Our state-of-the-art stamping facility and tool shop, unlike many other manufacturers, are 100% dedicated to the manufacturing of firearm magazines.

MEC-GAR’S distinct advantage is as a “one-stop-shopping-center” for technical design assistance, prototypes, tool design and development, metal stamping and assembly.

We offer innovative, reliable and efficient solutions designed for the specific applications."

Mec-gar makes "OEM" magazines for a number of pistol manufacturers.

ie;

From the Mec-Gar website:
-Astra
-Beretta
-Browning
-Colt
-CZ
-Llama
-Luger
-Para-Ordnance
-Ruger
-Smith & Wesson
-Sig Sauer
-Star
-Witness
-Taurus
-Walther

It is not uncommon for parts to be "subed out".  Why tool up when it is cheaper to have someone else to do the tooling and manafucturing.

Maybe Armscor at one time made "OEM" mags for SIG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If only this meant that Armscor would also manufacture and sell P220 clones
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My first thought was maybe at one time Armscor made a 220 clone, or maybe the government used them so they started supplying parts for a contract.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the ARMSCORP mags, it works great and I can run silverbear ammo in it where as silverbear won't physically fit in the factory Sig P220 mag
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I have several ACT mags for the P220. They look and work as well as Sig's. Top Gun Supply sells them for $17.99
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several ACT mags for the P220. They look and work as well as Sig's. Top Gun Supply sells them for $17.99
View Quote
This.  I used ACT mags for my 220's when I had them.  Worked well enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top