Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 1:16:38 AM EDT
I inherited a Sig Mosquito NIB. I cleaned it up and lubed it with the intention of shooting it because I like shooting and its a .22. 
This thing has an atrocious trigger! It measured about 8lbs. in single action according to my trigger pull gauge and in DA my gauge only goes to 12lbs and it didn't trip.
I have since found out a couple of things. It wasn't made by Sig but by GSG which is I believe German Sports Guns. It has also since been discontinued. If what I read was true it was meant as a trainer for the 226 as the size and shape mimics that gun. 
I really want to like this gun because of the person I inherited from, but I am going to have to do something about the trigger to make it anywhere close to shootable.
Anybody do any trigger work to a Mosquito? is it worth it? Is it something that could be done without a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope you can get it to work when you do shoot it. They have a very spotty record. They work best with high velocity shells and you may need to change out the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. It came with two springs. According to the manual, one for low velocity rounds and the other for high. I think I did read something about them being pretty finicky about the ammo they will digest.
When I first started working with it I thought "if all Sigs are like this count me out", but of course they aren't. Maybe that's why they have been discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Sig rep told me years ago no way to fix trigger, I did remember seeing a guy on the net
that did trigger jobs on them, think was about 60 bucks. I owned 2 and both of them shot
great, never jammed and always used the junky golden bullets on them. Killed shit ton
of squirrels and armadillos. Just learned to deal with the trigger
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine jammed on average once per magazine. Some of the problems got sorted out later in the production run.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my SIGs but my only recommendation for a Mosquito is to sell it.

If you want a .22, get a tried and true Ruger or Browning IMO.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my SIGs but my only recommendation for a Mosquito is to sell it.

If you want a .22, get a tried and true Ruger or Browning IMO.
View Quote
Had I bought it selling it would be an option but under the circumstances if I can't make it work acceptably it will just be relegated to the safe.

I have two Rugers that I like very well. Along with several other 22's in various configurations. Never hurts to have another one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top