Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2017 2:20:43 PM EDT
I've never owned a pistol with an RDS, and the 320 RX seems like a great place to get one's feet wet. The only real gamble/unknown with the package is the Romeo RDS. Being they're relatively new to the market, I am wondering how well they're built compared to an RMR or something of the sort. Who has an RX with a fair amount of rounds and/or abuse under one of the Romeo equipped 1 pistols?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've never owned a pistol with an RDS, and the 320 RX seems like a great place to get one's feet wet. The only real gamble/unknown with the package is the Romeo RDS. Being their relatively new to the market, I am wondering how well they're built compared to an RMR or something of the sort. Who has an RX with a fair amount of rounds and/or abuse under one of the Romeo pistols?
View Quote

Lifetime warranty so it's worth trying out.
My wife has used her P320RX for one extended practice session and one USPSA match so far, still working and holding zero.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Had my compact for a month with 600 rounds thru it.  Shoot slow and rapid fire, double and triples.  Romeo1 holds zero with no issues.  Per SIG, battery is supposed to last 10k hours.  I don't know if the MOTAC feature is figured into that number.  One thing is for sure, it's easier to swap batteries  than my Trijicons.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought a compact RX back in May.  I've only had it at the range a few times since buying it.  This past Saturday my battery died at the range.  So only a little over a month on that battery for me.  I admit I left it on constantly, but I'm skeptical of their battery life claim now.  1632's were not easy to find locally, so I say hit amazon and buy some for cheap.

No problems with it holding zero or anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine has been off until I take it to the range.  Still waiting on the holster.  Once that is done, I'll start carrying it.  Then I'll know about the battery life claim.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I am just more curious to how the optic is holding up after a few cases worth of ammo. The RMR is pretty much the benchmark (especially with the RMR2 coming out).
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My holster came in.  Good news.  With the gun in the holster, MOTAC kicks in and puts the Romeo 1 in sleep mode.  That's with me in the seated position.  I'll update when I start walking around.  

ETA
If you change the angle of your posture, the Romeo will turn on.  Sitting at your desk, in a car, etc, will put the optic in sleep mode.  Bend over, lean to one side and it kicks on.  Already picked up a few batteries just in case.  Time will tell how long it lasts on the original battery.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought I'd give an update....

Today at the range my Romeo1 turned off while shooting.  It was on then poof nothing.  I stopped shooting, cleared the gun, and then tried the turning it on with the button and nothing.   Checked the battery cap with my finger and it felt tight.  Used the screwdriver that came with it and tightened it down some more.  It came back on after hitting the button and stayed on the rest of my time there.

My guess is the battery cap has to be REALLY tightened down, if not the battery loses contact under recoil.  I'm going to take a look at it in a bit and see if I can do something to prevent this.

6/4

Brought it to the range today and no problems at all.  I did check the battery cap with a real screwdriver before I left the house.  Today was also the 1,000 round mark and the only problems so far was the first battery went dead in a fairly short time(I have no idea how long it was at the LGS or how much it was played with while there though), and the previously mentioned loose battery cap.

6/15

No issues at the range today.  I've also been leaving it on and just relying on the motion activation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thought I'd give an update....

Today at the range my Romeo1 turned off while shooting.  It was on then poof nothing.  I stopped shooting, cleared the gun, and then tried the turning it on with the button and nothing.   Checked the battery cap with my finger and it felt tight.  Used the screwdriver that came with it and tightened it down some more.  It came back on after hitting the button and stayed on the rest of my time there.

My guess is the battery cap has to be REALLY tightened down, if not the battery loses contact under recoil.  I'm going to take a look at it in a bit and see if I can do something to prevent this.
View Quote
Thanks for the update
Although my only experience is with the Romeo 5 on my 870 Tac , it has been 100% reliable

Buck & slugs
Just checked and battery still going strong.
Over a year old
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't sig come out and say the battery cap should be tightened between 5-10 in/lbs, something that plastic tool will not do. Before I shot my I took it off and loc-tited the screws and made sure the battery cap was torqued to 10 in/lbs and so far so good.

I had originally planned on sending a slide off to have it milled for an RMR but decided I wanted a warranty on everything.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#11]
one is on my list as soon as I find an RX slide for sale. 
I have a Romeo 4B on my MCX and it's been flawless. Based on my experience two buddies of mine have also bought Romeo 4Bs and they too, have been flawless. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top