Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2017 3:33:09 PM EDT
Bought a police trade in a few years ago and shd probably rebuild the gutts of it.......what would be a good rebuild kit for it??  

Thank u.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Top Gun Supply. If the barrel isn't shot out (which I doubt it is) just get a spring kit. If you feel the need you can add a mainspring
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p226-9mm-parts-kit.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Top Gun Supply. If the barrel isn't shot out (which I doubt it is) just get a spring kit. If you feel the need you can add a mainspring
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p226-9mm-parts-kit.html
View Quote
Thank you........what's a main spring?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, consider the Sig Service Plan ($150 to replace all the springs, but also install new night sights).
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you........what's a main spring?
View Quote
Take your grips off and you'll see it. Sometimes called a hammer spring. Your example probably doesn't need a new one. If you do buy one make sure you buy the correct one for your guns style cup/seat
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, consider the Sig Service Plan ($150 to replace all the springs, but also install new night sights).
View Quote
Wait..........you mean I have to PAY to have it rebuilt by Sig???!!!!         I sent both my Glock 19's back to Glock and they rebuilt them for free......and, they gave me 2 good used factory plastic cases to boot!!!!

But yeah, I might just do that, as the night sites on the gun are shot.    Thanks for that info.    Totally didn't think about sending it back to them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Take your grips off and you'll see it. Sometimes called a hammer spring. Your example probably doesn't need a new one. If you do buy one make sure you buy the correct one for your guns style cup/seat
View Quote
Thanks.    I'll check it out when I get home.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top