Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:46:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see some pics of this high slinging beauty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed. I thought you got a Legion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine shoots dead nuts on.

Could be the singer, not the song.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Not getting your flippers high enough into the grip.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Hears mine.

Attachment Attached File

Weighs a ton, has the second longest unlocking cycle of any handgun I have ever seen. Admirably well made to handle full power 10mm loads.

That said it had persistent rear sight issues, bastard kept wobbling loose and even after addressing that the rear sight is still awfully sharp. All things considered I would rather have the Da/Sa model with a more conventional rear sight.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
10mm is still legal in your kneck of the woods?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think there are any illegal calibers in NY, 50 cal and bigger is probably a no no.

However according to the safe act more than 7 rounds is haram.

My 220 holds 8 with one in the pipe.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed^^^^^
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Agreed^^^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed^^^^^
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't think there are any illegal calibers in NY, 50 cal and bigger is probably a no no.

View Quote
Which I don't understand.

Glock 20 holds 15 rounds, as opposed to 13 in he 21. And 10mm 1911s hold 8-9 vs 7-8.

Why does the sig 10mm hold he same amount as the 45acp version of the same gun?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glock 20 holds 15 rounds, as opposed to 13 in he 21. And 10mm 1911s hold 8-9 vs 7-8.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because Sig, being rather short-sighted and stupid, made its 10mm single stack mag like that. They could've easily engineered it to hold 2 additional rounds for a 10+1 gun. Hell,  the old S&W 10XX-series mags held 9 rds, and they were single-stacks too.

I have several old stainless Sig .45 (8-rd) P220 mags that I use as "10mm" practice mags in my DA/SA 220. They easily hold 9-rds and feed the 10mm cartridges flawlessly in my gun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up the Lipsey's two-tone DA/SA model with the fixed sights and took that one out...it was spot on at the ranges I was shooting at (12 yards). With American Eagle 180gr anemic loads (1000fps, 40s&w territory) it was downright pleasant to shoot. Step it up to Sig 180gr ball at the "correct" 10mm loading, 1200+fps, and it was still on the pleasant side of things, not bad at all. I put 24 rounds of DoubleTap 180gr Nosler JHPs through it, 1305+ fps...it was still actually pretty controllable. I was pretty impressed. Then again it is like aiming a 5lb weight when you're shooting, so...

The slide stop took 2 hands to disengage from slide lock at first, by the time I was out of ammo it only took one hand and a lot of effort That is, the handful of times it successfully locked backed from an empty mag.

Sadly there's no P224-esque tiny slide stop lever for it I either need to put my thumb on top of my support hand or otherwise modify the slide catch since as it is, the slide doesn't lock back most of the time...I don't know enough about aftermarket sig works to know if anyone does that as a service or offers a custom part for it or not, so I guess I get to research on the internet.

I'm impressed with it. I like it a lot more than the Glock 20C I sold. That thing was a pig.

Brass came out of the gun just fine; the DoubleTap stuff came out with the brass a little bit of a bubble but really not much. The AE and Sig factory stuff came out exactly the same as it went in.

For practice ammo the Sig 10mm is really hard to beat. Their V-Crown stuff is loaded weak to 40S&W spec but the 180gr ball is loaded correctly. I need to stock up on that stuff.

Now to find a holster. You'd figure they'd be out there, but 5" P220 holsters don't exactly grow on trees
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sadly there's no P224-esque tiny slide stop lever for it I either need to put my thumb on top of my support hand or otherwise modify the slide catch since as it is, the slide doesn't lock back most of the time...I don't know enough about aftermarket sig works to know if anyone does that as a service or offers a custom part for it or not, so I guess I get to research on the internet.
View Quote
I've decided I need the same P220 for my collection. I'm pretty certain my thumbs forward grip will ride the slide stop as well. Probably no big deal to grind it down, I cut the one on my P30 down considerably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top