Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2017 9:40:00 PM EDT
Did California DOJ not get a required bribe or something? Why would they not allow the P320 to be sold here?

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Because it costs money to get guns on the DOJ list....and because California hates you.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
^^ He's right you know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
'cause nothing is, anyways.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because it costs money to get guns on the DOJ list....and because California hates you.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#5]
People don't think gun control be like it is but it do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Microstamping. passed in 2008, went into effect 2013. California's roster is dwindling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Peoples Republic of California
its almost as bad as the Peoples Republic of North Korea
but hey keep voting for Jerry Brown, that seems to be working out well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People don't think gun control be like it is but it do.
View Quote
Bwahahaha
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Peoples Republic of California
its almost as bad as the Peoples Republic of North Korea
but hey keep voting for Jerry Brown, that seems to be working out well.
View Quote
I'm almost certain that our members here living in CA did not vote for him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Because SIG has decided not to go through the hoops, nor pay the necessary tribute to the Great State of California required to place the pistol on "the roster".

It's my understanding that every color and/ or finish variation, barrel length, sight type, and grip style requires a separate submittal including feels.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Manufacturers have to pay to get each pistol on the list.  If they make modifications, they have to pay again.
Some manufacturers don't want to pay the tithe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Can be fire with out a magazine
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Microstamping. passed in 2008, went into effect 2013. California's roster is dwindling.
View Quote
This, as well as their bullshit "drop test" are designed to discourage manufacturers from making their products available in CA. Backdoor 2A annulment if you will.

There are an impressive number of handguns on the open market, and a depressing number available in California. If you want to have your mind blown, visit a sizeable gun show or even gun shop in any of the surrounding states. I recently escaped CA and couldn't be happier about it.

ETA: IIRC it is available to LE in CA
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Ah! I did not realize that microstamping was a thing and I did not know that the CA DOJ needed tithes they did not earn.

Oh well. I will eventually move from here and look forward to an AR-10 carbine, a Glock 42, and the Sig P320.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ah! I did not realize that microstamping was a thing and I did not know that the CA DOJ needed tithes they did not earn.

Oh well. I will eventually move from here and look forward to an AR-10 carbine, a Glock 42, and the Sig P320.
View Quote
The micro-stamping requirement is the primary reason. None of SIG's new releases since 2013 (models or variants of existing pistols) have been added because micro-stamping is both technologically and cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like they decided Kalifornia BS laws are not worth their time.

Hopefully the 80% FCG will happen and you can build your own without asking the communists for
permission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top