Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 8:57:35 AM EDT
So my only sig before now was a P238. I have my first "classic" sig - a police trade in P226 DA/SA in 9mm. What advice/tips/info can you share? I've heard of E2 (mine has E2 grips) and short triggers and short reset triggers so figured I would ask what everyone can share about all these things. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
OP - I purchased a new one about 4 years ago. It has the E2 grips which I like and fit my hand perfectly. Right now, I estimate that it has between 9000-10,000 rounds though it. I taught my GF how to shoot with it and now claims it as hers.
The only thing I've done is replace the springs at around the 8,000 round point, more than what is recommended by SIG, but I wasn't having any problems. The only "bad" thing that's happen is the locking insert broke. I ordered a new one from SIG and it's a 10 minute fix (probably faster for someone that knows what they are doing).

It's had routine cleaning, used grease on the rails and have only used new mfg factory ammo - a mix of 115 gr and 124gr depending on what I can find and is cheapest.

IMHO - it a great handgun. Purchase some new springs and shot the shit out if it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
On used Sig P series I've bought over the years, I've always installed a spring kit. About $25.  I also usually install a reduced power main spring.  #19 for carry or defense use, and as low as #17 for range fun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
SRT (short reset trigger) is the single greatest performance enhancing upgrade you can do to a classic SIG
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SRT (short reset trigger) is the single greatest performance enhancing upgrade you can do to a classic SIG
View Quote
This
I put SRT's into 4 of my Sigs, because I've been spoiled with 1911 triggers. 
I've also put E2 Grips and Short triggers into them.  My hands are medium size so the grips and short trigger are great for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top