Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 6:08:49 PM EDT
Just dropped my Slide off at the Fed-ex hub; anyone have any recent work done and know the turn around?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I beat you by 24 hours. I'll let you know!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a P228 slide reblued. It took about 2 1/2 weeks door to door. They did a nice job for $99 plus shipping.

Why did you feel the need to take the slide to the UPS hub? You could have shipped that USPS priority mail for around $10. It's a slide, which is a part and not considered a gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a P228 slide reblued. It took about 2 1/2 weeks door to door. They did a nice job for $99 plus shipping.

Why did you feel the need to take the slide to the UPS hub? You could have shipped that USPS priority mail for around $10. It's a slide, which is a part and not considered a gun.
View Quote
They emailed me a Fed-Ex shipping label and said it had to go through them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They emailed me a Fed-Ex shipping label and said it had to go through them.
View Quote
I see. But still, you could have dropped it off at anyplace that ships FedEX, like FedEx-Office or any of the independent shippers. No need for the hub unless of course it was the nearest. I guess you're having sights installed. Should come back pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Edit: Nevermind was another sig product I ordered
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
We've sent a few slides in due to sights falling out.
Seriously.
The night sights were milled a few thousandths of an inch too small and fell out while firing.
Took about a week or so IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my pistol back today. It may be worth noting that it was in for warranty service, not upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got my pistol back today. It may be worth noting that it was in for warranty service, not upgrades.
View Quote
Thanks for the update, I sent an email on monday asking if there was a way to check my slides status or if they could tell me about how long until they will look at it. I was sent back a "They checked it into the shop on friday it will be another 1-2 weeks from this point"

Assuming he meant before they would look at it since that's what my email asked. Kind of dissapointed since it cost so much but what can you do.

Edit: To clarify I sent my P229 slide in for new night sites and to have the FPPP removed since my Firing pin was gummed up and sticking.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I sent a P320 slide in about 4 weeks ago for a night sight issue covered under warranty.  (The front night sight was dead on a NIB gun).  

Last week SIG sent me an email asking how satisfied I was for the warranty work they performed.  So I called them and asked why I was getting a survey asking about their work when they hadn't done anything yet.    C/S was helpful and said those emails go out automatically but he did check on the status of my RMA.  The next day I revieiced a phone call and was able to up grade the sights to SIG X-Ray sights for the price of the sights. I did enclose a letter asking if this could be an option.  SIG covered installation and shipping, I'll pay for the sights (full retail though).

Hopefully I'll hear back this week or early next week when they ship it back out.  I wasn't in a hurry to get this done, but it looks like its going to be about 5+ weeks door to door.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sent a P320 slide in about 4 weeks ago for a night sight issue covered under warranty.  (The front night sight was dead on a NIB gun).  

Last week SIG sent me an email asking how satisfied I was for the warranty work they performed.  So I called them and asked why I was getting a survey asking about their work when they hadn't done anything yet.    C/S was helpful and said those emails go out automatically but he did check on the status of my RMA.  The next day I revieiced a phone call and was able to up grade the sights to SIG X-Ray sights for the price of the sights. I did enclose a letter asking if this could be an option.  SIG covered installation and shipping, I'll pay for the sights (full retail though).

Hopefully I'll hear back this week or early next week when they ship it back out.  I wasn't in a hurry to get this done, but it looks like its going to be about 5+ weeks door to door.
View Quote
Seems like wait times very in a huge way. some wait 7 days door to door others months. I wonder what is up with that, I figured it was due to warranty getting priority but after reading your story idk why it's like that. Next time I will do the work my self since some were nice enough to get me squared away on how to work on them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I shipped a 220 back to SIG several years ago and I also was told it had to be dropped off at a full FedEx depot. I don't know if the label has any code that might identify what is inside. I know The UPS store will not accept any firearms. They have to be shipped from a full UPS depot.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got off the phone with Sig. was told they wrote down my information wrong and couldn't mail the side until they redid it. Got that squared away; I asked them if they could tell me why the firing pin was gummed up and if the FPPP was indeed fractured. said the armorer removed the FPPP and

wrote down I was to receive the slide apart and put it back together) Not sure why but no biggy at least I can clean the channel before a new dreaded Solid FPPP is installed. Now hopefully they ship it soon and I can have a nice P229R

Edit: Still haven't shipped or charger me
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Just received my Slide back. They put on TruGlo Nightsites. (I thought they used Meprolight nightsites)
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just received my Slide back. They put on TruGlo Nightsites. (I thought they used Meprolight nightsites)
View Quote
I'm thinking about sending my P228 slide in for night sights. How do you like the TruGlo's?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm thinking about sending my P228 slide in for night sights. How do you like the TruGlo's?
View Quote
They look exactly the same as the ones used in 2008 assumed to be meprolight night sights; new ones Truglo Only difference are the markings on the sides of the sights.

Old Sights Also these sights were 9 Y/O (From 2008 assumed since that's when the gun was manufactured)

Bag my old ones were returned in (and the old solid FPPP)

New sights In regular light they are a off white, if you aren't directly in light however they are bright green

In my Hall way with only a little natural light.

complete Darkness
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#16]
tag cause my sights on my 18 year old 228 died
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#17]
The sights look good. Thanks for posting pictures!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top