Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 9:53:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't realize the flat trigger was out yet. How does it compare to the factory trigger as far as take-up, break, over travel, reset, etc?

Where did you get yours?

ETA wow I definitely read an article on my phone that said it won't be out until later this year but apparently it's been out for a while lol. I'd love to shoot one and try it out
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, will be interested to know how the Apex does.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't realize the flat trigger was out yet. How does it compare to the factory trigger as far as take-up, break, over travel, reset, etc?

Where did you get yours?

ETA wow I definitely read an article on my phone that said it won't be out until later this year but apparently it's been out for a while lol. I'd love to shoot one and try it out
View Quote
Standard flat from Apex has been out for a bit but they will soon release another flat version that is supposed to drop your trigger pull by about 2.5lbs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Standard flat from Apex has been out for a bit but they will soon release another flat version that is supposed to drop your trigger pull by about 2.5lbs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you get yours?

That's the one I was reading about then because it referenced the reduction. 

Maybe standard triggers will come down in price then
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a full size RX that came pretty much zeroed from the factory, but not sure distance.  I haven't shot it off a rest but it has been on for me all the way out to 25 yards.  

The advice I got re: the red dot, was just bring the pistol up in front of your dominant eye like you're acquiring the iron sights, over and over again, and let the red dot start to just "show up" there in your sight picture.  For me I was able, fairly quickly, to start true two eye open shooting.  Before, I always had to squint my off eye a little to focus on the front sight.  With the red dot, I am starting to be able to leave both eyes fully open and the red dot is just.....there......on the target.  It has been a revelation, but it just took a little repetition, and it just starts to happen.

I have the same experience as you seeing it dance all over.  I use the red dot pistol now to do dry trigger work. Talk about a challenge....but I have noticeable improvement with the iron sighted compact I carry.  I was out shooting steel targets last Sunday, working some target transitions at about 10-20 yards, and for a bit there it really felt "point and click" simple.  I'm really excited about what seems to be possible with the red dot, and even just using the red dot to train.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top