Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 3:54:38 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  I recently had a Sig armorer install an E2 grip on my I believe its a 2011 manufacture Sig 220R .45

I noticed that now every time I pull the trigger the entire grip moves with it. I have only dry fired the gun, I have not taken it to the range. The armorer said this is normal.

Does anyone know if there are additional parts I can change or something I can grind down on the inside of the E2 grip so that it will quit moving on every trigger pull?

From the factory my Sig had the standard slim grips.

I don't think he changed the E2 hammer strut and seat out like he was supposed to.

Will my gun still work?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My newest P220 was made in 2007, I did replace the seat, hammer strut and spring. 

My E2 grips are rock solid. If there's any movement in the grips when you dry fire, there is something seriously wrong.  What seat spring and strut are in the pistol?

I'm not sure when Sig started putting the shorter seat and corresponding parts in as oem.

ETA  The E2 grips are fairly smooth on the inside, there's nothing to grind down for clearance, the grips aren't the problem.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
" The armorer said this is normal. "

I disagree with your Armorer,  I have had aprox 6 or 7, maybe more SIG 220's and 226's these past 15 years and none of them had grips that moved whatsoever, something is wrong IMHO
View Quote

He's a new armorer. It sounds like there may be a problem. I will have him switch the grips back just so my gun will go "bang."

I think that the e2 grips always come with additional parts because those parts need changed out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The grip should not move. For reference I did an E2 upgrade on my 2009ish P226R and had to use the included parts(hammer seat, strut, and decocker).
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not installed the E2 grips on a P220, but the set I installed on my old West German P226 are rock solid. Something is wrong with the installation of your grips, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Seat and strut are causing your issue. The decocker needs to be changed to avoid over travel and dinging your frame.

Recheck and test everything that armorer has touched. I knew a "factory trained" armorer who didn't believe in staking AR castle nuts. Be careful who you trust with your life saving equipment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seat and strut are causing your issue. The decocker needs to be changed to avoid over travel and dinging your frame.

Recheck and test everything that armorer has touched. I knew a "factory trained" armorer who didn't believe in staking AR castle nuts. Be careful who you trust with your life saving equipment.
View Quote

He didn't touch anything besides that. He still hasn't changed the grips back over and he has the factory grips (I don't) so I can't change them myself.

The gun does go bang I've used it at the range since then.

I am going to try and figure out what parts I need to order (strut and decocker and whatever else) so the grip will work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top